• Thread starter Thread starter vkam2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,659

vkam2000

Regular
ISP
Panaji-goa
Ok, so this problem is plaguing me all the time.After I boot my pc from Hibernation my Wifi network is disconnected, though it detects the Wireless network in the system tray I am unable to connect and the only way to connect again is turn the network adapter on & off. I've had this issue for a long time, but I'm tired of having to turn the wireless adapter on & off. Calling all pros, I need a solution...

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 15R 5010

Wireless Adapter : DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card

Wifi Modem/Router : Teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI

Modem Firmware Version : 10.4.3.12.12

O.S : Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

O.S Updates : Latest

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3793/teracom.png

make sure you have latest drivers installed for your laptop wifi card.

I have the latest drivers installed for the Wifi card and as for the modem can anyone provide me a link to the firmware update, the one on teracom site seems to be broken.What the difference between sleep & hibernate ? As far as standby is concerned, the laptop remains powered on, for I can see the power light blinking, I want it turn off completely !

I use the same laptop
I have no problems with wifi

Try this

Goto Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

enter your service tag,which can be found on bottom of the laptop or else choose the option which will detect the serive tag automatically

download driver from this website and uninstall driver for Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card (4313bgn) and reinstall

it should solve your problem

Dell-Driver

R258276.exe (79MB)

Recommended

8/3/2010

5.60.48.35, A01

Applies to:

Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card (4313bgn)

I use the same laptop
I have no problems with wifi

Try this

Goto Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

enter your service tag,which can be found on bottom of the laptop or else choose the option which will detect the serive tag automatically

download driver from this website and uninstall driver for Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card (4313bgn) and reinstall

it should solve your problem

Dell-Driver

R258276.exe (79MB)

Recommended

8/3/2010

5.60.48.35, A01

Applies to:

Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card (4313bgn)

Firstly the driver version that you mentioned was already installed on my system, even then I downloaded and installed the driver from Dell USA website and it turns out it does more harm than good. It takes an even longer time to connect after turning the adapter on & off. Will be downloading and installing new drivers from the Dell India website.

I have the latest drivers installed for the Wifi card and as for the modem can anyone provide me a link to the firmware update, the one on teracom site seems to be broken.

What the difference between sleep & hibernate ? As far as standby is concerned, the laptop remains powered on, for I can see the power light blinking, I want it turn off completely !

Power light blinking doesn't mean the laptop is on Vista Notes, Episode #2: Sleep vs. Hybrid Sleep - Bit-cycling - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Firstly the driver version that you mentioned was already installed on my system, even then I downloaded and installed the driver from Dell USA website and it turns out it does more harm than good. It takes an even longer time to connect after turning the adapter on & off. Will be downloading and installing new drivers from the Dell India website.

I'm not sure which O.S I selected on the US website, seems the Vista & 7 drivers are of the same size and version number, will redownload and retry !

Power light blinking doesn't mean the laptop is on Vista Notes, Episode #2: Sleep vs. Hybrid Sleep - Bit-cycling - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Wow, wasn't aware of that...thanks.

I have a habit of turning of my lappy completely and disconnecting the power cord, as you know keeping the battery connected to AC mains even when fully charged reduces battery life. Ideally one should charge the battery when its discharged to about 50% (that's what I've heard, and was given a technical reason which was pretty convincing)

you must uninstall the existing driver do a restart and connect the laptop using a ethernet cable and then connect to broadband and then reinstall the driver and restart the computer.if you able to store the exe file on hard disc then no need to connect via ethernet cable ,just uninstall ,restart then install the exe file downloaded and reinstalldo not install over existing versionit looks like mostly a driver issue.,reinstalling a driver wont do any harm as far as i know.try thisopen Network and sharing centerand select Change Adapter settingsselect Wireless Network Connection with Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Cardright click and select propertiesand then select configure under networking tabSelect "Power Management" tabUncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power "Click OK.

Wow, wasn't aware of that...thanks.

I have a habit of turning of my lappy completely and disconnecting the power cord, as you know keeping the battery connected to AC mains even when fully charged reduces battery life. Ideally one should charge the battery when its discharged to about 50% (that's what I've heard, and was given a technical reason which was pretty convincing)

Five tips for extending lithium-ion battery life | TechRepublic

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/increase-lifetime-laptop-battery/

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/helpdesk/the-care-and-feeding-of-li-ion-batteries/124

Did that power management thingy long ago, anyways will uninstall the driver and reinstall !