A strange problem :(

• Thread starter Thread starter myname
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,146

myname

ISP
BSNL
I have a D-Link 2730U modem/router that I purchased a week back. It is configured to automatically connect wirelessly in my laptop.However,there is this strange problem: Occassionaly (But NOT always) when it is switched on,my laptop and mobile Ph detects the network,But fails to connect.But at the same time wired LAN is working perfectly thru which i access internet. Now,if I restart modem at this time,then it is able to connect wirelessly i.e its like a "starting trouble".And moreover,like I said,this problem occurs occassionaly-like once or twice a day. Since it is able to connect to net by second attempt,I presume there is no problem with modem hardware.But the frequent need to switch modem on and off to make it work is annoying.(pls note:wired LAN is always working fine) Any problem with my modem settings?or BSNL problem? Please help!

Is it something like "limited connectivity" or "Ip Conflict"?

No its 'no internet access' in wireless.But connecting in wired.By the way: my initial channel setting was 1,but it was showing severe interference.so i tweaked and changed it,and Voila! its connecting.But my doubt is why is there so much interference,is it our mobile?.....and if so,what should be our ideal channel?

No its 'no internet access' in wireless.But connecting in wired.
By the way: my initial channel setting was 1,but it was showing severe interference.so i tweaked and changed it,and Voila! its connecting.But my doubt is why is there so much interference,is it our mobile?.....and if so,what should be our ideal channel?

If you are talking about interference... do you have any cordless phone, microwave, or any metallic or reflective objects near your router? If so try moving your router out from that place...

8 Tips To Effectively Boost Your Wireless Router Signal

Still,doesnt interference weaken the wifi signal strength?? Bcz I was getting 'Excellent' siganl strength in my laptop even though not connecting. And I dont have any cordless ph nearby.Landphone is 2 feet nearby,and refrigerator about 10 feet away from modem/router.