Windows Phone 8 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 23,120
Apps are just a number. Most of them don't make sense, and do nothing more than keep an idle mind busy. Smartphones today aren't really smart - they are just capable of doing a lot of things, but that's about it. The smartness is definitely missing as in what to do, when to do, how to do etc

yea i agree with this.. i was smarter with older simpler phones operating them without looking and using it as a tool..

now its not a tool its a waste of time.

- Must Have Games Trailer[/URL]

Some of the main improvements included in the update, many of which were presented before, include the new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Mobile with HTML5 support, as well as Twitter integration, and other new features as well.“Mango will introduce some awesome new features, including multitasking capability, a hardware-accelerated mobile version of Internet Explorer 9, Twitter in the People hub, better support for Office documents in SkyDrive (Microsoft’s free cloud-based storage service), and much more,” a recent post on Windows Phone blog reads.
Read more

Last edited by a moderator:
Just how big of an upgrade will the Mango release of Windows Phone be? Try "500 new features" big. Steve Ballmer revealed that seductively round number in a speech over in Japan today, where he also said that additional information about "who's going to be building Windows Phones" will be forthcoming at tomorrow's preview event as well. Combine that with an otherwise unsubstantiated rumor (more coverage link below) about Microsoft showing nine new Windows Phone handsets tomorrow, and it does seem like there'll be fresh hardware to go with the ripening software. Neither the Mango release nor any devices on show will be coming to market any time soon, mind you, but it's nice to think we'll get to see what the future of Windows Phone will look like in physical as well as digital form.

Steve Ballmer promises 'over 500' new features in Mango, teases new WP handsets for tomorrow -- Engadget

Though he didn’t have time to cover all 500 new features, the focus will certainly center around communication, applications, and the way we use mobile internet. Along with the current service offerings in People Hub such as Facebook, Hotmail, and Gmail, Microsoft has gone ahead and added LinkedIn and Twitter. Mango will also bring with it a Groups feature, allowing multiple people to communicate across a multiple platforms, while simultaneously integrating those people’s profiles, pictures, and a group history of all events and communication shared. Instead of only being able to communicate with groups that all share the same hardware maker, Mango employs Windows Live Messenger and Facebook Chat to keep you connected with friends, including those with other phones.

Microsoft Officially Announces Windows Phone 7.1 Mango With 500 New Features

Wah Ustad Wah!

----------

So whats the fox in sheep's skin planning now?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsSk4bYNao&feature=player_embeddedi suck at voice commands. never get it to work in my car (Fiat Blue&Me powered by Windows Mobile) or my phone (Google Voice to Text). This is pretty cool though. Too bad my car would not get this update 🙁

Oh boy. This is getting harder to control. I need to lay my hands on some good WP7 phone. I won one in an auction (Samsung Focus for a cool $175) and it is on the way to India, but I already have committed to give it to someone - it was an impulse buy 😛