24Mbps/16Mbps High Speed VDSL Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter ExOblivione
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,231
few things CO = Central Office . For lot of people they may not be familiar to the acronym so it's better to spell it out the first time you use it. Later you could use the acronym itself. From what I had read in the past, apparently VSDL or VDSL2 has more frequency bands than ADSL and possibly the frequency bands are on a different frequency than those that ADSL uses or even have a wider range. All of this is possible. You could think of ADSL as being tri-band phones and VDSL as quad-band phones as an analogy. I am not in communication technology industry at all so my info. or understanding may be incorrect so the standard disclaimer of caveat emptor or take it with a pinch of salt applies 🙂Update: It seems my analogy is correct. The positions of frequency bands between ADSL 2 and VDSL 2 are similar (note similar but not same) . Also from what I looked on the net ADSL2 can reach only upto 12.0 Mhz while VDSL 2 can go upto 30 Mhz. Another point that seems to co-relate is that for VDSL2 to work for you need fibre nearer to you than previously as shared above. All in all, cool but till prices and availability of off-the-shelf modems are not available I don't think we would see much take-up . By modem I'm talking about non-BSNL (I'm looking at you D-Link, Netgear, TP-Link, Sterlite etc. Till the back-bone infrastructure improves and BSNL gives good plans don't think we would see much shake-up .

CO = Central Office . For lot of people they may not be familiar to the acronym so it's better to spell it out the first time you use it. Later you could use the acronym itself.

Sure - not that it matters. As far as the customer is concerned, it's some random box somewhere that he will probably never be able to identify what it is or what it does even if he does see it. The beautiful thing about the Internet is that you don't have to see or know about all the infrastructure involved to make it work, you just get to see the results 🙂

From what I had read in the past, apparently VSDL or VDSL2 has more frequency bands than ADSL and possibly the frequency bands are on a different frequency than those that ADSL uses or even have a wider range. All of this is possible.

You could think of ADSL as being tri-band phones and VDSL as quad-band phones as an analogy.

3G -> 4G would be closer.

Update: It seems my analogy is correct. The positions of frequency bands between ADSL 2 and VDSL 2 are similar (note similar but not same) . Also from what I looked on the net ADSL2 can reach only upto 12.0 Mhz while VDSL 2 can go upto 30 Mhz.

So is UMTS and LTE - and similarly, wider bands, requiring completely different hardware at both ends to use. Hence why 3G -> 4G I think is a better analogy 🙂

Another point that seems to co-relate is that for VDSL2 to work for you need fibre nearer to you than previously as shared above.

In most countries, VDSL is a kind of steppng stone from ADSL to FTTX - some networks have already got Fibre close enough to the customers (Airtel) but BSNL (in most cases) does not... generally speaking 1KM is the recommended maximum loop length, so if your ADSL modem has an attainable data rate of about... 12-13mbit/s and attenuation of

So is UMTS and LTE - and similarly, wider bands, requiring completely different hardware at both ends to use. Hence why 3G -> 4G I think is a better analogy 🙂

Possible, have heard the terms and know what they stand for hence not going to argue just believe you 🙂 .

In most countries, VDSL is a kind of steppng stone from ADSL to FTTX - some networks have already got Fibre close enough to the customers (Airtel) but BSNL (in most cases) does not... generally speaking 1KM is the recommended maximum loop length, so if your ADSL modem has an attainable data rate of about... 12-13mbit/s and attenuation of

Hi mg as hayai thread is locked i wanna ask few questions about hayai service here.I really like hayai price of plans.1.Is it up and running in mumbai and is it doing well?2.When hayai services gonna start in delhi or when you gonna get nation wide licence?Your rs 10/gb at 100mb/sec(monthly rent rs 550) plan is awesome.

Hi mg as hayai thread is locked i wanna ask few questions about hayai service here.I really like hayai price of plans.
1.Is it up and running in mumbai and is it doing well?
2.When hayai services gonna start in delhi or when you gonna get nation wide licence?
Your rs 10/gb at 1000mb/sec(monthly rent rs 550) plan is awesome.

Fixed that for you. 1. So far so good, a few hiccups but nothing that isn't to be expected. 2. FAQ 🙂

Out of respect to the original thread and so that the thread is not hijacked by this topic, in future please PM me or email our sales team via our website (in case you have not already done so). Cheers.