Inquiry

• Thread starter Thread starter wmanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,822

wmanu

ISP
Test
Hi Experts,We're building 6 apartments and at the final stage of wiring. We're planning to go with DTH HD connection, most probably Videocon. Each apartment will have two TV units each, so in total 12 connections.I came to know that there are two opens:1) Install Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU)2) Install 3 dishes and each will serve a maximum of 4 connectionsMy questions are:1) Should I use any special quality wiring for DTH HD (RJ6, RJ11 or something like that) 2) Should I wire all 12 lines right from the roof till TV unit, or will I be able to use splitters to reduce wiring complexity and cost?3) What will be the cost for MDUIf anybody can answer any of the questions above, that will be a great help. Many thanks / Manu.

Thanks for the response. I was already aware of this URL, but this doesn't provide answers to my specific questions.

Go for a single dish, if they offer u a 120 cm dish. In fact if in installing 3 separate dishes,, they are giving u a 60-65 cm dish, and in the MDU, they give u a 90 cm dish, then go for MDU. Coz wider the dish, better is its performance during rains. On the cabling, i dont have much idea.....let someone else answer on that.

yeap. its called a universal remote and you get basic functions of your TV on the STB remote. like volume up/down and on/off.

yeap. its called a universal remote and you get basic functions of your TV on the STB remote. like volume up/down and on/off.

They no more provide Universal remote Sushubh bro. 🙁

I would differ here. 1 of my relatives got an HD connection, and they have got a Universal remote.

he probably means newer connections (emphasis on no longer). i have two videocon dth connections (sd and hd) and both have universal remotes.

So i meant to say that they got that HD connection from D2h few weeks back, thinking that digitisation will be necessary. I guess i didnt use the correct words to bring that fact out!