Microsoft Surface Tablet PC

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 15,805
well microsoft is aiming for a total home solution. your phone, your pc, your tablet, your gaming console all interact with each other for a seamless experience. something that Apple would eventually deliver with their own television sets later this year or next. microsoft also has the advantage of having millions of xbox 360 units out there.

"Connect with printers" can't unique feature as all iOS devices suports AirPrint (wireless printing).Overall, I like the keyboard. I'm sure iPad will have similar kb in coming months. Not a fan of Metro UI in general, so I'm not sure if will take off like wp7 or better.I think, MS is sending wrong signals to OEMs. It'll be confusing for the consumers...you don't want to buy Samsung/Dell branded Win8 pro/RT tab when MS branded WinRT tab is available! If Google-Moto shows too much enthusiasm on Nexus branded products, will that please Samsung/HTC?Also, MS couldn't mention the price and ETA of WinRT tablets. That's just too bad for press.

well the software is ready. hardware should not be a big problem in any case.android and Apple have already ensured that the development of arm based tablets is not really a groundbreaking task.

Any idea who is Hardware Vendor/Manufactures for this tablet? I guess it could be Asus, or HTC, or is it big guy Nokia!?

By the way, does it have a camera??

Yes, it has a front facing as well as a camera on the back.

Any idea who is Hardware Vendor/Manufactures for this tablet? I guess it could be Asus, or HTC, or is it big guy Nokia!?

Considering that they showed a clip of the hardware they've manufactured in past 30 years which included mice, XBOX, Kinect, etc. I am guessing that they themselves are manufacturing this tablet.

On a side note, Windows RT is a really stupid name. Wish they had gone for something else. Windows 8 for ARM was good enough. :\

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jozTK-MqEXQ&feature=youtu.be

MS Surface keynote

Skip to 14:10

LOL......

39:00

"..it also had to be cover you wanted to connect
something you always wanted with you
something that gave you confidence..... "

confidence from a cover ?

let me just die now !!

Original surface , the one which was even showcased in mission impossible 4 was groundbreaking imo. They should have atleast not stole that gorgeous name.

anyway , any guess on battery life ?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/18/3095842/microsoft-surface-tablet-battery-life

I dont think they'll be making more upgraded versions or might be like the occasion nexus. They'll give space to OEMs. Though a great product, i feel microsoft made it to make the ball rolling.