Internet connection disconnects frequently

• Thread starter Thread starter luvinguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 10,899

luvinguy

ISP
BEAM
my internet disconnects daily 6 to 8 times..everytime i need to do ipconfig release and renew to reconnect..this problem started 2 3 days back only..is there any solution.

I had this same problem and I had to change the settings on my ethernet card like this : http://i2.lulzimg.com/46a6eb8902.png. Its set to Auto but you need to change it to either 100Mbps half Duplex or 10Mbps half Duplex. The moment I did this, the disconnections stopped.

On a side-note, did these disconnections coincide with any power cuts at your place ?

I had this same problem and I had to change the settings on my ethernet card like this : http://i2.lulzimg.com/46a6eb8902.png. Its set to Auto but you need to change it to either 100Mbps half Duplex or 10Mbps half Duplex. The moment I did this, the disconnections stopped.

On a side-note, did these disconnections coincide with any power cuts at your place ?

No power cut nthing...all of a sudden it started 2 days back...

omg omg can't believe, there was time when i used to pay similar amounts to get speeds of 128 kbps.

Well today whole day i faced this problem. Login page opens . .and i login. The page shows i logged in but when i open another tab ..i get the login page again! Happened like this in the morning. Checkd again in the evening and the problem was still there. Had some plans so couldn't call customer care. And i just checked now and its working fine

i am not able to find this setting..i m using windows 7.

Is it still disconnecting frequently ?

I am using XP, so can't get you the screenshots on where it is in 7. Hopefully someone else can get you the screens and guide you.

I got a message from Beam yesterday saying service interruptions will be there because of rain and other maintenance work. Maybe its because of that.

I got a message from Beam yesterday saying service interruptions will be there because of rain and other maintenance work. Maybe its because of that.

yeah me too, it's connecting but is pretty slow, only youtube works well

Well again today i got the same problem .. login page is opening.. i enter my login details and it shows "you're logged in" and again when i open another tab and type google . .i get the login page again.Called CC and that guy immediately said he understood my problem and within 10 mins my net is back up.