[Problem] Windows opens and then freezes

ISP
Beam Fiber
Yesterday night ..i gave PC to my dad and slept. Today morning when i started the pc .. it started normally and then when the desktop opens .. the cursor shows "busy" symbol and thats it! no response at all. Not even the shortcuts on desktop are loaded nor the shortcuts on taskbar are loaded. Even tried to open task manager .. it just doesn't open 😕 Any tips? EDIT: booted into safe mode and downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware and started scanning with it. Also i installed google drive just before sleeping and so thinking it may be the culprit i uninstalled it. Still no effect

Could be a hundred reasons - either hardware or software. Checked memory? Drivers? Windows Updates? System restore?

windows system restore might be your best option. i have read some reports about google drive causing instability but that was initial versions. latest updates should not be causing these issues.

So this happened today. think the reason is ESET. The license(Legit) expired and it was causing the system to freeze on start up. Updated the ESET and now its fine.

ESET(Smart Security4) has been good for me since last 3 years. 🙂 Tried all the options i.e kaspersky,norton,avira what not Tired all permutations and combinations of AV and firewalls and came up with the combination i now use. Eset smart security4 (since it consumes less RAM and detects viruses pretty easily) ..Free firewall of Zonealarm and free version of malwarebytes anti malware. system has been virus free since.

Tried all the options i.e kaspersky,norton,avira what not
If u have used a genuine version of Norton then u wouldnt have gone to others..

Norton 360 has all these things in single installation alone........ Don't have any issues since atleast 2 years or more
For the past 3 yrs using Norton Internet Security(3 users - Rs.1800). Me and my friends forgot the words like "virus" "malware" etc.,