• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 985
  • Views Views 132,142
  • Tags Tags
    netflix
any guesses for that 4g network?
airtel or jio

Just launched. First month free, then prices at 500,650 and 800 per month.

Rs. 800 plan is nice for people who can find three friends/relatives to share costs.

Where is the bandwidth? Hope they give that as an addon. 4k streaming is a joke with airtel bandwidth and it's worst invention for India - FUP.
Hard luck Netflix.

You cannot have both network neutrality and add-on at the same time. Pick your sides.

Where is the bandwidth? Hope they give that as an addon. 4k streaming is a joke with airtel bandwidth and it's worst invention for India - FUP.
Hard luck Netflix.

Hard luck Netflix.
I agre
You cannot have both network neutrality and add-on at the same time. Pick your sides.
Yes I agree that it violates net neutrality.
Just wondering why India can't get out of FUP. Corporates manage with leased lines. But home users ( in crores) are left scratching for bandwidth!

You get a plan that suits your bandwidth requirement. If your consumption is 200GB per month, you take a plan with 200GB. You do not cry about lack of bandwidth if your usage is 200GB and you buy a plan with 50GB bandwidth.

Any news about the catalogue? I have a US subscription using my Indian debit card, and they charge me 8.99 (600Rs) for the HD plan every month.

Oh they increased the price to 9.99 USD for newer customers. So same as India, maybe even cheaper with the conversion rates. It's a global launch with over 130 countries in the mix, so same catalogue everywhere?

based on tweets i am reading a lot of shows are not available in india. House of Cards is supposedly missing which is strange because it is their own show.

You get a plan that suits your bandwidth requirement. If your consumption is 200GB per month, you take a plan with 200GB. You do not cry about lack of bandwidth if your usage is 200GB and you buy a plan with 50GB bandwidth.
True 200 gb wouldn't last for 20 hours of Netflix 4k streaming. What if you need 500gb? All you get in high speed plans is upto 200 gb for below 3000 rupees.
None of them provide more than that without throttling speeds to ridiculous levels.