• Thread starter Thread starter DNA_Uncut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 12,182

DNA_Uncut

Regular
ISP
BSNL Broadband
IDEA 3G working fine on mobile. But not on unlocked datacard. I have enough data (nearly 1 GB) & balance left in the account I get WCDMA HUTCH\IDEA ROAMING signal on datacard. I tried both *99# & *99***1# access codes apn - internet still no luck any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

This is not your modem problem, our 3G operators are getting smarter, They Block the modem access to such 3G sim cards.Same thing happened to me on vodafone and after lot of baby tutorials they took my complain and it was resolved in 12 hours.I didn't changed anything during this period so this is certainly some restriction implemented by mobile operators.Also they have made plans where handset 3G usage is cheap and they want to sell you heavy packages should you need to use a USB Modem.

thanks. I also thought the same. Private operators are too smart these days. I will port to bsnl or maybe mtnl if pan IND MNP is implemented.

thanks. I also thought the same. Private operators are too smart these days. I will port to bsnl or maybe mtnl if pan IND MNP is implemented.

you can call the customer care and explain the problem, they might waste your time with stupid modem settings, but once you say you have done so and still not working, they would certainly solve it after few hours, make sure to take a complaint/reference number.

Heh. Does idea have a 3G license for the Chennai/TN circle ? If not, it'll simply latch on to Vodafone's network as per idea's arrangement with VF. Don't worry about the roaming sign. When you put the sim card in your phone, it simply rebrands vodafone's network to idea.

^^ they have different FRCs for mobile and data card. I had done the mobile FRC 99. Data card FRC is 110. Both have 1 GB data with 30 days validity. So i think even if i contact CC. They have a reason to deny my request. ^ Yes on mobile it shows idea. But on data card it shows IDEA\Hutch roaming, wierd ...

Even if you use mobile frc for data card , it'll work. Just raise a complaint for non functioning internet.

I wanted a new 3G connection for a MiFi device I bought, and when I finally found an Idea showroom after quite an ordeal, they didn't give me a connection stating that Idea has now started blocking SIMs that are not being used in their own datacards. However, they said I can try with a Postpaid connection, but the plans they were offering were the same with Vodafone, Reliance etc. so I decided to go for Vodafone.

I wanted a new 3G connection for a MiFi device I bought, and when I finally found an Idea showroom after quite an ordeal, they didn't give me a connection stating that Idea has now started blocking SIMs that are not being used in their own datacards. However, they said I can try with a Postpaid connection, but the plans they were offering were the same with Vodafone, Reliance etc. so I decided to go for Vodafone.

Strange....
I bought idea sim couple of days back >activated 3G > Using it in Huawei umg1831........

@vebkGoing by their logic, idea sim cards should not work on phones other than ones sold by idea, assuming they're blocking based on imei number, iinm. Guess, they wanted to sell postpaid to you .

^ It's not like I believed them, but if they were not willing to sell to me, there's not much I can do about it. I don't know the technicalities of how they can block data SIMs, and if they can do the same, but I had no choice. Moreover, one always feels that if they are telling the truth then you'd feel mighty stupid getting a SIM from them that doesn't work.Honestly, my biggest gripe with Idea was before I even started with them - it took me 2-3 hours to locate a showroom in South Delhi. Most of their showrooms are located in really random places with terrible parking options, and the addresses given on their website seem incomplete. Their helpline doesn't help you to locate the showrooms at all. I filled out a form on their website that I was interested in getting a netsetter connection, but no one called back. Makes you wonder if they want your business at all. To add to it all, I had that experience with the showroom where they claimed that they wouldn't give me a data SIM because it was only compatible with their own datacards (they claimed many many customers recently have had this problem and have complained to them). At the end of it I was so pissed off with their services (even before I became a customer!) that I went to Vodafone that at least has stores in decent locations and was able to get me a connection in 10-15 minutes.I am still shopping around though, and if I can get a better deal, then will change.