IDEA 3G not working in datacard

DNA_Uncut

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 3, 2012
Chennai
IDEA 3G working fine on mobile. But not on unlocked datacard. I have enough data (nearly 1 GB) & balance left in the account I get WCDMA HUTCH\IDEA ROAMING signal on datacard. I tried both *99# & *99***1# access codes apn - internet still no luck any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
This is not your modem problem, our 3G operators are getting smarter, They Block the modem access to such 3G sim cards.Same thing happened to me on vodafone and after lot of baby tutorials they took my complain and it was resolved in 12 hours.I didn't changed anything during this period so this is certainly some restriction implemented by mobile operators.Also they have made plans where handset 3G usage is cheap and they want to sell you heavy packages should you need to use a USB Modem.

DNA_Uncut

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 3, 2012
Chennai
thanks. I also thought the same. Private operators are too smart these days. I will port to bsnl or maybe mtnl if pan IND MNP is implemented.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
thanks. I also thought the same. Private operators are too smart these days. I will port to bsnl or maybe mtnl if pan IND MNP is implemented.

you can call the customer care and explain the problem, they might waste your time with stupid modem settings, but once you say you have done so and still not working, they would certainly solve it after few hours, make sure to take a complaint/reference number.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Heh. Does idea have a 3G license for the Chennai/TN circle ? If not, it'll simply latch on to Vodafone's network as per idea's arrangement with VF. Don't worry about the roaming sign. When you put the sim card in your phone, it simply rebrands vodafone's network to idea.

DNA_Uncut

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 3, 2012
Chennai
^^ they have different FRCs for mobile and data card. I had done the mobile FRC 99. Data card FRC is 110. Both have 1 GB data with 30 days validity. So i think even if i contact CC. They have a reason to deny my request. ^ Yes on mobile it shows idea. But on data card it shows IDEA\Hutch roaming, wierd ...

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Even if you use mobile frc for data card , it'll work. Just raise a complaint for non functioning internet.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
I wanted a new 3G connection for a MiFi device I bought, and when I finally found an Idea showroom after quite an ordeal, they didn't give me a connection stating that Idea has now started blocking SIMs that are not being used in their own datacards. However, they said I can try with a Postpaid connection, but the plans they were offering were the same with Vodafone, Reliance etc. so I decided to go for Vodafone.

brahmi

Regular
Regulars
Jan 26, 2011
Telangana
I wanted a new 3G connection for a MiFi device I bought, and when I finally found an Idea showroom after quite an ordeal, they didn't give me a connection stating that Idea has now started blocking SIMs that are not being used in their own datacards. However, they said I can try with a Postpaid connection, but the plans they were offering were the same with Vodafone, Reliance etc. so I decided to go for Vodafone.

Strange....
I bought idea sim couple of days back >activated 3G > Using it in huawei umg1831........

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
@vebkGoing by their logic, idea sim cards should not work on phones other than ones sold by idea, assuming they're blocking based on imei number, iinm. Guess, they wanted to sell postpaid to you .