Training institutes help

• Thread starter Thread starter ijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,199

ijay

ISP
Tata
Hi, I really dont know much about cars / vehicles. I'm looking forward to get my license done. I'm staying around Borivali, Any clue on how is Maruti Driving school at Borivali East ?? In terms of training... or if they allow extra training if required during re-exam without additional cost etc?Besides, I've always felt uncomfortable sitting at driving seat of longer car (like dzire / honda city) as I feel I'd be unable to judge the rear end of car, which is why I wanted to opt for dzire. Is that fair ?Also, there are four options, alto, wagonR, swift and Dzire. Which ones should I go for.. Any clue on what is the difference in these cars in terms of driving experience ? Is it so that if you learn Dzire, you'd be able to drive any other car or so ?Thanks,

in my opinion no one can teach you how to measure the distance in front or back of the car. you learn it yourself with experience. i have driving a car for like 5 years now probably more but i still cannot back my car up properly. i thought about installing the parking indicators which seems to work well for such cases but avoided it because i do not want to get totally dependent upon them in case i have to drive other cars without them.

Right... driving schools can only teach you the basics, but estimation and road sense cannot be taught.

How about which car is good to choose ? Is it so that if I learn dezire, I can drive all other cars ? Someone said you should learn Santro coz that has power steering which other cars dont have.. I dont understand what it means technically.. but if you could suggest if I'd choose Dzire, will I be able to drive other cars ?

One of the things that I have heard is: Always learn driving in a sedan car!

^ I have the heard the opposite - always learn in a small car as it is easier to maneuver and the dimensions are under better control

well i drove a hatchback for most of my life. and one day i bought a sedan. it was a tough switch but i managed to handle it just fine. now i think i can handle a hatch or a sedan or a suv just fine.