Indian Premier League Updates

NZ is 1 of poor board. They had face similar problem when I C L was launched when all their top players resigned and joined I C L. This time I guess board is playing safe.

Maybe its not big enough news...If it had happened during the tournament, it would made news, now it would not hold any interest. Currently, foucs is on Indo-Pak series , Sachin Tendulkar, T20 World Cup & fights within Indian team - These are the topics of interest & even a random quote on any of this will be a headline.

Back to original thread news

Deccan Chargers put on the block

Hyderabad-based publisher Deccan Chronicle Holdings has put a reserve price valuation of R1,500 crore, nearly three times its original acquisition cost, to sell its Indian Premier League cricket team Deccan Chargers (DCL), led by Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara, a person with direct knowledge of the development said.

The Reddys, who own 80% of DCL, will use the money to repay lenders, the person said.

The firm purchased the team in 2008 for $107 million (roughly R590 crore) jointly with Group M, the media arm of the world's largest advertising firm WPP, which owns a 20% stake. Investment bank Religare Capital Markets and consultant KPMG India are advisors to the sale.

IPL 2012 news: Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell test positive for drugs | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

The Mumbai police have reportedly confirmed that Rahul Sharma, the India legspinner, and Wayne Parnell, the South Africa fast bowler, tested positive for recreational drugs. The BCCI said it would wait for all the details before taking any action against Rahul who, along with Parnell, was among the 100-odd people detained by the police after a raid on a party in Mumbai in May.

The BCCI president N Srinivasan said there would be no hasty decision. "I don't know why everyone is in a mood to execute Rahul Sharma without even going into the details," Srinivasan told PTI. "The BCCI will first procure each and every bit of relevant information and then study them before deciding on the course of action."

Rahul is currently in Sri Lanka with the India team for their limited-overs series, while Parnell is in Zimbabwe as part of the South Africa A squad for a tri-series.

After being detained by the police in May, both players had insisted that they had not taken any drugs. Parnell had said he was "in the wrong place, at the wrong time" while Rahul said he would quit cricket if found guilty.

He is talking about Wayne Parnell

Wayne Parnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 28 July 2011 Parnell announced that he has converted to Islam. He converted to Islam in January 2011, after a period of personal study. Parnell confirmed that his team-mates Hashim Amla and Imran Tahir along with team manager Mohammad Moosajee had no influence over his decision to convert to Islam

Ok. why didn't he changed his name like yousuf youhana? isn't it mandatory to change one's name when converted to islam?