Is Asus router reliable?

• Thread starter Thread starter m_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,001

m_k

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends i am using bsnl broadband. Currently my modem is disconnecting randomly and its taking a long time to connect to the internet. When i asked at the bsnl office they informed me that everything is ok from their end and suggested to change the modem which is around 3 year old. So i am looking for a wifi router cum modem ( To connect my desktop, Two laptop and android phone together). This is the first time i am buying a router so i need some help from you guys. I have looked to two model which is in my budget one is Asus and one is Netgear. I would like to know is these brand reliable? I want to buy the Asus one because it has 3 year warranty. If you have some other suggestion then please suggest me. I am posting the link to the two model which i have looked please take a look and confirm if those have all the necessary feature.
https://www.flipkart.com/asus-dsl-n10e-wireless-n150-adsl-modem-router/p/itmd7xkfs6hyzmnq?pid=RTRD7XKFRCZH8TE4&ref=3d7f6165-cae6-43d0-b8f3-56ca9702ec2f

Netgear DGN1000 Wireless-N 150 Router With Modem | Router | Flipkart.com

Thank you for your time

Regards
m_k

Asus makes some great routers. But of course the quality and reliability would depend from one model to another.

my experience with Asus RT-N13u Rev B1 wasn't that great lately, the firmware was very buggy but the latest update fixed almost all issues & it seems to work just fine. I otherwise usually prefer D-Link/Cisco routers, they are expensive but pretty reliable & come with neat firmware. I bought asus because of the price to features value

Do not buy that Piece of shit DGN1000. It caused nothing but frustrations where it used to freeze, hang and stuff.

If possible get the newly launched Asus DSL-N10E.
It supports ADSL and Wireless.

It is advisable to use a separate Wifi router and one ADSL modem. It give more stability and options. Most ADSL Wifi modem routers overheat on prolonged use and fails. I used Asus router (N10+) with D-Link adsl modem (GLB-502C), and they both were rock solid, running 24/7. Now I have switched to Alliance Broadband, and using the router only.

Thanks everyone after reading all your post i think i will buy the Asus one. I would also like to know is there any router available which can be connected to a USB 3G dongle? I also have a reliance 3G dongle it would be great if i can share it through a router. Thanks again