• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 10,021
Status
Not open for further replies.

avikdip74

ISP
BSNL
I bought a 7.2 mbps data card but I am getting only 240 kbps speed with a dl speed of 40-50 kbpswhat should I do ?I set the preferences to 3G only which is showing a HSPA signal

First of all make sure that your data card supports supports both hybrid (cdma1x) and HSD (EVDO). You can take any HSD or hybrid plan with speed of 144 kbps, assuring that the data card supports EVDO too when required. If it is not working properly then you have to change DNS server IP settings and also by TCP/IP optimizer. To change DNS: go to Control Panel>Network Connections and select your local network. Click Properties, and then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Then Select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the desired DNS server(s) in the space(s) provided.or use Google DNS Server i.e.:1) Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.82) Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4

I bought a 7.2 mbps data card but I am getting only 240 kbps speed with a dl speed of 40-50 kbps
what should I do ?

I set the preferences to 3G only which is showing a HSPA signal

do you have 3g plan activated ? reliance does allows 2g users on 3g network but with limited speed

are you getting a decent signal ?

see inside ur pant its 2G sim.all 2G converted 3G sims are these problems.buy new 3G sim and spees never caped.

do you have 3g plan activated ? reliance does allows 2g users on 3g network but with limited speed

are you getting a decent signal ?

see inside ur pant its 2G sim.
all 2G converted 3G sims are these problems.buy new 3G sim and spees never caped.

The signal strength is very weak, only 2 bars I am getting
How do I know that the sim is 2g converted or actually 3g ?

First of all make sure that your data card supports supports both hybrid (cdma1x) and HSD (EVDO). You can take any HSD or hybrid plan with speed of 144 kbps, assuring that the data card supports EVDO too when required. If it is not working properly then you have to change DNS server IP settings and also by TCP/IP optimizer. To change DNS:
go to Control Panel>Network Connections and select your local network.
Click Properties, and then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Then Select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the desired DNS server(s) in the space(s) provided.
or use Google DNS Server i.e.:
1)Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
2)Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4

Do you realise a 7.2mbps modem means 3g not Evdo ?

all 2G converted 3G sims are these problems.buy new 3G sim and spees never caped.

:rofl: Are you serious. A 2G sim in your pant:smile-big: :tongue: Oops I cant help it lol :rofl:

lolzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.