Broadband Options in Hyderabad and Opinion on Digital Wireless

lord_nemesis

Guy's looking to switch ISPs (Currently on Reliance)

Looking for an Unlimited 2Mbps Plan preferably over Wireless

Requirements

- Min 2Mbps speed for at least first 80GB.
- Connection sharable between multiple devices
- Reliable
- Online Bill payment
- Availability in KPHB Area.
- Budget of < 3k / Month

This is one of the options that I am exploring

Digtal Cabel Net

Can anyone who has used this ISP shed some light on how they fare?

Before some one suggests Beam, I have called them over 50 times till now and the CC just says that someone would be sent, but they never come.

Try Tikona. They have a new plan HYDM4096 which gives 4Mbps speed upto 80GB at 1249/month +tax.

Toll Free Number : 1-800-20-94276

But it goes without saying that you should their representative to your place and manually check the speeds and connectivity before going for the connection.

New plans for Hyd available HERE

Tried Digital Cable last weekend. Once I called them on their customer care number, they quickly got me talking to their operator for the area. Once I told my location, the guy told me that I can get wireless connection. One that that he consistently insisted on was that I will need to pay for either 3 months or 6 months advance. Next day, he calls me and says that they can offer wired connection only. I agreed and told them to send their technician on Saturday. The guy comes promptly, checks the terrace and tells me that they can give wireless connection and that wired would be somewhat difficult. Then he gets the required antenna and installs it quickly. It was over in less than an hour. I opted for a plan that was to give me 2 Mbps min speed after after FUP limits are hit. So once every thing was setup, before payment, I did a speed test and was barely getting 16 KBps speed. When I pointed it out, they started some to and fro trouble shooting that ultimately ended up in them saying that the wireless option is not going to work for 2Mbps plan that they will need to do a wired connection. They promised that they would do on Monday, and I think they initially assumed that I would pay up 3 months advance based on that promise, but when I made it clear that I had no intention of paying up without the proper work done, the guy told me that I can pay on Monday once the installation is done. They left for the time being and then came back again in 15 minutes saying that they will take the equipment back as its no longer needed. They got it and left saying that the work would be done on Monday. Monday came and went. on Tuesday evening, I called the technician. He told me that he will call back and they haven't responded since.Overall, I think, I can consider myself lucky that I didn't pay them any money. I guess they were asking for 3months and 6 months advance for a reason.

Of course they do.Bsnl - 175 gb @4mbps for 2100Airtel - 150 gb @4 mbps for 2100Have a look at YOU broadband as well.