New BB Plans

chaibiskutbhai

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel 999
Tikona has launched a new set of plans across the country. These are cheaper and provide more Data usage.

Details

Incidently, Tikona is going bigger for Andhra Pradesh as they have even cheaper plans lined up. I personally just called up the customer care and asked them to change my plan to HYDM2048 plan which gives 2Mbps upto 50GB and 'about' 512kbps beyond.

Andhra Plan Details

Max PC Registrations 2/3 is a reason enough for me to not to even consider them....

Max PC Registrations 2/3 is a reason enough for me to not to even consider them....

Connecting multiple PCs/laptops/phones through a single Wifi router counts as just 1 PC. The system captures the MAC address of your router and considers it as 1 system.

OK, thats good then. But can you explain their tariff,its a but confusing?Rental 799Install 500Total 1500 (incl serivce tax) rounded off. 1299+Tax = 1500 Do they just like that round off that amount 😱

OK, thats good then. But can you explain their tariff,its a but confusing?
Rental 799
Install 500
Total 1500 (incl serivce tax) rounded off. 1299+Tax = 1500 Do they just like that round off that amount 😱

Ignore that.. its just an approximation. Plus if you pay for 6months in advance, there is zero installation charge.

Ignore that.. its just an approximation. Plus if you pay for 6months in advance, there is zero installation charge.
Paying 6 months in advance to TIKONA???:suicide:

Yeah, why not? It saves you installation charges. And yes, always pay online or by cheque. Never by cash unless its in their office!

Yes, that's not a good idea. They have given contract to manage account system. I receive couple of call every month even though I cleared all dues with collection agent and he issued a receipt for clearing payments.

When I asked them to check system when I get a call, they tell me they do not have any update about my account. One day, I asked about email to send a scanned copy of clearance. They have given one third party email apart from tikona.in domain. It seems it is being handled by third party.

Even technicians come at our place are not hired by Tikona. They are from any third party firm which provides these kind of services. They are hired by Gemini Communication.

Here you can see guide provided to technician from Gemini
http://www.gcl.in/tsd/doc/TDN_CPE_Installation_Procedure.pdf

Connecting multiple PCs/laptops/phones through a single Wifi router counts as just 1 PC. The system captures the MAC address of your router and considers it as 1 system.

I don't think so. I experienced what you are saying. It scans all MAC address of system whether it is connected to switch or connected after wifi router.
Their system powered by Inventum is capable to scan all list of MACs connected to connection.

Incidently, Tikona is going bigger for Andhra Pradesh as they have even cheaper plans lined up. I personally just called up the customer care and asked them to change my plan to HYDM2048 plan which gives 2Mbps upto 50GB and 'about' 512kbps beyond.

Andhra Plan Details

No one competes with Beam Tele. I don't know about service and performance of it but from tariff, I think it is cheapest one with high speed.
Beam telecom earned good repo in a short span and also fear in all ISP. All ISPs consider presence of Beam tele while deciding tariff for customers and all ISP offer cheaper tariff to AP customers than other circle customers. Tikona is not the first which launched different cheap tariff for AP circle. BSNL was the first, I think. Because of Beam, BSNL lost a lot.

I hope Beam will come all over the nation with cable line. I hate wireless broadband. I experienced a lot issues with wireless connectivity. I still have no choice and alternative for wireless broadband.
I have to rely but when cable lines come to place, I will throw wireless CPE in the garbage.

I don't think so. I experienced what you are saying. It scans all MAC address of system whether it is connected to switch or connected after wifi router.
Their system powered by Inventum is capable to scan all list of MACs connected to connection.

I have currently connected one Desktop, two laptops and a mobile simultaneously. The desktop is wired while the other three are on wifi. When one logs in to the Tikona portal, and check for MAC addresses, only the MACs of the desktop and router are detected.

Remember that when you connect through a router, all LAN connections how a single MAC and all Wifi show a single MAC address.

I have currently connected one Desktop, two laptops and a mobile simultaneously. The desktop is wired while the other three are on wifi. When one logs in to the Tikona portal, and check for MAC addresses, only the MACs of the desktop and router are detected.

Remember that when you connect through a router, all LAN connections how a single MAC and all Wifi show a single MAC address.

You may be right but when I was using connection through router. It was scanning all MACs connected in the network even I haven't ever connected those devices to Tikona CPE(before router).

You may be right but when I was using connection through router. It was scanning all MACs connected in the network even I haven't ever connected those devices to Tikona CPE(before router).

By chance, were you using a switch and not a router?

If you use a switch, then individual MACs of the ethernet card of your systems will be shown.

A router generally never reveals MACs of individual computers attached to it.

im using wifi of my own..and i connected and did settings also ownly tikona doesnt comes 2 know....secondly i use ma PC,iPhone ,ipad,blackberry,and some Nokia devices on tikona Via wifi...nothing limit....

im using wifi of my own..and i connected and did settings also ownly tikona doesnt comes 2 know....
secondly i use ma PC,iPhone ,ipad,blackberry,and some Nokia devices on tikona Via wifi...nothing limit....

Yes you can do this. Tikona will not mind!

Hi folks,Im currently using the unlimited 1099 Rs 2 mbps plan (after 20 gb, speed will be 1 mbps), which is good in bandwidth but.. as usual poor in service.My billing cycle ends on 6th of every month.. and on 4th of this month, i opted for the new plan ADULM2mpbs.. where the customer care person claimed.. the download speed will be constant for the complete month, but the upload speed will reduce to 1mbps after 50 gb limit. I wonder its true or false.. i have to find out this month.My worry is: I think there may be Some sort of FUP in their plans. When i checked my Session history.. (please see the following log)1 2012-07-03 10:43:04 00:00:20:54 1.23.206.106 74:44:01:35:57:b7 3MB 1024PKbps2 2012-07-03 19:47:32 00:07:25:37 1.23.196.235 74:44:01:35:57:b7 4011MB 1024PKbps3 2012-07-04 06:54:08 00:01:45:41 1.23.196.235 74:44:01:35:57:b7 969MB 1024PKbps4 2012-07-04 10:33:53 00:07:10:40 1.23.200.161 74:44:01:35:57:b7 4657MB 2048PKbps5 2012-07-04 18:47:40 00:08:42:55 1.23.200.161 74:44:01:35:57:b7 2281MB 2048SKbpsIf you see, there are two different policy id for 2mbps.. 2048PKpbps and 2048SKpbs. where P = Primary (no FUP; so you get full download speed). S = Secondary (FUP in place; you get varying bandwidth .. with 600kpbs max..).My question is that, why my policy id got changed to a FUP enabled one? Is it because my billing cycle is not yet complete.. and new plan will be active only after 7/7/2012?? i am not sure.. Folks, if you are also facing this issue, please let me know.. Also, if someone has already been using the unlimited 2 mpbs plan since last month, please share your feedback here.Thanks..