New BB Plans

I am taking a new Tikona connection today...since no other services were available in my area except Tikona and Airtel, and Airtel does not have any free ports available 🙁I have opted for the 4Mbps Unlimited plan (No FUP as per their website and the representative).Will update soon.

Connecting multiple PCs/laptops/phones through a single Wifi router counts as just 1 PC. The system captures the MAC address of your router and considers it as 1 system.

Can you tell me the setting required for sharing the internet over router. I have got wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router (TP-Link TD-w8951ND). I don't know anything about networking. I have inserted the LAN cable after the power adapter into the router port 1. By default I am not getting any networking in either my Desktop (connected by rj45). What settings should I use in the router (Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPPoE or Bridge). And how should be the devices be connected. Any subnetting required?

Please help me! I am vexed with their customer care.

You have the WLAN port on the router?? Connect the LAN cable from tikona router(small box) to Wlan of the TP-Link.You want to run wifi for desktop or other devices??

Can you tell me the setting required for sharing the internet over router. I have got wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router (TP-Link TD-w8951ND). I don't know anything about networking. I have inserted the LAN cable after the power adapter into the router port 1. By default I am not getting any networking in either my Desktop (connected by rj45). What settings should I use in the router (Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPPoE or Bridge). And how should be the devices be connected. Any subnetting required?

I don't think using an ADSL Modem-Router is going to help you. I tried using the Beetel TC450 but sometimes it connected, and sometimes it did not. SO I guess its a gamble, unless, one of the hard-core techies shows us how to go about.

I use a Belkin N150 router and its just plug-n-play with it! (Of course, you need to set the wifi security).

Can i get a review on tikona broadband..i'm planning to go for a connection...Asked for a demo today...What are the things...that i should be aware of??A short advice would be much appreciated.. 🙂

Do ask where the nearest base station is located and get 2 contacts whi have inatalled tikona in your vicinity. Lastly, make sure your area is properly connected with tikona network, otherwise don't go for it at all. tikona performance is good but problems aplenty since there will be drops every 2 hour or so (atleast in my area HSR, Bangalore.

Do ask where the nearest base station is located and get 2 contacts whi have inatalled tikona in your vicinity.
Lastly, make sure your area is properly connected with tikona network, otherwise don't go for it at all.
tikona performance is good but problems aplenty since there will be drops every 2 hour or so (at least in my area HSR, Bangalore.
Thanks mate...How far the BST should be from my house..can you gimme a rough figure...
What about you...??
Dropouts...And about the FUP that's not mentioned in the plan..is it effective..And which device should i go for receiving the signal..which will be installed at my place??

Update:
Just had a chat with the engineer...My place isn't covered yet... >_>

Thanks mate...How far the BST should be from my house..can you gimme a rough figure...
What about you...??
Dropouts...And about the FUP that's not mentioned in the plan..is it effective..And which device should i go for receiving the signal..which will be installed at my place??

You should get full signal on your Tikona device. That is of primary importance.

Tikona is probably the only provider giving True-unlimited broadband without FUP. I am on the 4Mbps plan and I've crossed 100GB without loss of speed.

I would say not less than 500 meters. If its not covered don't take the chance.I'm on 2mbps plan. I get 100% speed during normal working circumstances 🙂

Tikona has introduced a few new plans for Hyderabad.
Rs 999: 4Mbps till 50GB, 2mbps beyond that.
Rs 599: 2Mbps till 25GB, 512kbps beyond that.
Rs 399: 1Mbps till 15GB, 256kbps beyond that.

sahibunlimited said:
Did the old 1499 4mbps unlimited stop in Hyderabad?
We have the HYDM4096 plan which gives 4mbps unlimited for Rs 1249.
Your contention ratio in peak times might change past 80GB.