Help me to choose a best Health Insurance Policy..

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,612

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
I met with an accident few years back and spent nearly a lakh in cash for the surgery. As the surgery was in my leg i didn't ride my bike till now. Using public transport for each and everything is not convenient though. So i've decided to take a policy and then ride by bike:mml:So help me choose a best Health Insurance Policy from a reputed organization which can be useful to me in case of any emergencies.

I met with an accident few years back and spent nearly a lakh in cash for the surgery. As the surgery was in my leg i didn't ride my bike till now. Using public transport for each and everything is not convenient though. So i've decided to take a policy and then ride by bike:mml:
So help me choose a best Health Insurance Policy from a reputed organization which can be useful to me in case of any emergencies.

We cannot easily suggest you an Insurance Policy in a Public Forum, as an Insurance Policy be suggested to an individual after knowing lot of factors.
So, i suggest you visit Online Insurance Quotes: Compare Car Insurance, Life Insurance & Health Insurance India and contact them via their helpline number.
They might suggest an appropriate insurance policy to after knowing all the details about you and specifically about your requirement.

guys i am looking for policy for family (2+1), have been convinced for apollo munich optima restore policy.is it a good policy?premium = 8436 Rs. for one yrany suggestion ?

ooh. i have the exact same policy. was recommended by a family member who is in the insurance business. in the end you have to see what it covers and whether that suits you!

ohk so hows ur experience with policy/company?how easy/tough is to get claim?what is the catch behind restore benefit?

i just got it earlier this year. too late considering i am 31 years old. but then. better late than never. and i do not plan to use it for 2 years (unless it is really really necessary) to double my cover. i am paying around 5-6K per year for 5L cover. this is high because i smoke. above 5L required a medical checkup which i wanted to avoid. after two years it should go up to 10L for the same premium per year... :\

Although I have insurance policy. I always keep wondering if its required?(from financial point of view ONLY not risk point of view)i.e. assuming nothing will happen to me for next 10-15 years.I feel that, eventually, planned savings and interest will give me more returns.

In 2008 i met with an accident and my knee got dislocated and fractured my wrist. I was cured without surgery. You know what i mean. In 2010 i slip & fell, my knee broke into two pieces. So i went with surgery that costed me 70k+. Only last month i removed the WIRE which costed me 30k+. So i stopped believing "NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO ME"

i consider myself very lucky that i have had a rather troublefree life wrt health. though i have made sure that future would not be as pleasant based on my life style :\