• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 6,158

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
i have an assembled pc, with dual core 2.5 ghz proccessor, and 2 gb ram, while using the pc i am experiencing some freezing ,on websites or otherwise and performance is not upto the mark, should i upgrade my ram to 4 gb?? will it better my experience??the reason i am asking is because i have an HP laptop too which had 2gb ram initially, and i upgraded it to 4 gb, but i didnt notice any increase in performance, so i am confused.:nevreness:edit- i have windows 7.

check task manager when you are at peak load of your daily work. check how much ram is the system consuming. try to have at least 1.5 times that. if ram is not the problem, i guess try cleaning up the apps that are starting at boot.

You probably have ddr2 ram , better off selling the pc & getting a new pc assembled with ddr3 ram, ddr3 costs half the price of ddr2 & any new entry level cheap processor will be easily 5 times faster than your current cpu. If you dont want to buy a new pc then upgrading ram to 4gb will surely give you very noticeable difference in performance , freezing & other issues could also be due to your hdd , install hdtune & check if SMART is ok .

windows vista or windows 7... both are going to suck with 2GB RAM with a couple of browser tabs open these days. i am a regular user with no heavy apps running 24x7 and windows 7 on it was crossing 4GB on a regular basis. updated to 8GB and instant relief.

malfunctioning ram would mean BSODs and tons of other shite. bad ram does not do good things to the computer.

he is a stock trader. probably has some badly coded app to monitor his stocks and other shite. from his threads on the forum, i can safely say that he runs some uncommon software on the machine and does a lot of research online. so he is not a regular user like us 😀

malfunctioning ram would mean BSODs and tons of other shite. bad ram does not do good things to the computer.

I have experienced a Bad Ram hitting 90% at startup and causing freezing/slowdown...Just replaced it & things were fine. So, I was suggesting that it could also be a cause. Also, is it a Single 2 GB Ram or 2*1 GB. For me, the problem was with one.

^ i am on win7 currently running only firefox with two tabs open & using 1.5 gb ram , 2gb isnt enough for win7/vista, i have 8gb total

check task manager when you are at peak load of your daily work.

check how much ram is the system consuming. try to have at least 1.5 times that.

if ram is not the problem, i guess try cleaning up the apps that are starting at boot.

peak load gets easily upto 1.80 -1.90 gb, i know its bad but i didnt have any improved performance after paying 3k for my lappy , thats why i asked .

I have used with 7-8 tabs on Chrome & it handles fine. Its because I dont like keeping tabs open, that I close them, otherwise I am not sure how much it can handle. Ofcourse Virus Scanner & 3-4 startup apps are also running and the virus scanner.

I have experienced a Bad Ram hitting 90% at startup and causing freezing/slowdown...Just replaced it & things were fine. So, I was suggesting that it could also be a cause. Also, is it a Single 2 GB Ram or 2*1 GB. For me, the problem was with one.

before posting, the thread, i was also asking myself , whther i got single 2gb or in pairs, but cant remember lol:workedtill5am:

Yes, for PCs improving RAM should help, but what I am saying is. Check if there are no OTHER issues as well.