Should I buy more RAM for my Desktop?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 6,159
^ i am on win7 currently running only firefox with two tabs open & using 1.5 gb ram , 2gb isnt enough for win7/vista, i have 8gb total

https://imgur.com/NTJ9Z

this is me doing nothing productive on the computer. 🙂

^^ohh man i think i better get the ram upgraded lol,but as its Tuesday local pc market is shut, so tomorrow

You do know that you can order ram online from flipkart? I ordered my current ram through Prime ABGB. Though it is not a good idea if you do not like tinkering with the computer hardware 🙂

Well then, it should burst throw the roof for me right, why doesnt that happen - Too many Background Apps running for you?

i have a couple even though i try to keep it bare minimum 🙂 so what apps i have open right now? PidginOperaChromeMetroTwitSMPlayerOpera and MetroTwit leak memory rather often so I have to restart them on a regular basis. Rest is usual stuff like Microsoft Security Essentials, DNSCrypt etc.

I usually have nothing except Virus Scanner open.

You do know that you can order ram online from flipkart?

I ordered my current ram through Prime ABGB.

Though it is not a good idea if you do not like tinkering with the computer hardware 🙂

i then will have to go in markets to get it installed , he will charge me some buck for that too, lol, better get it offline.

Prime ABGB??

right. i once had a smoked motherboard because i did not set the RAM properly before booting it. it survived though. this time was my first in a long time and i barely managed to get it working 😀 very proud that my system is pretty stable right now 😀 prime abgb is a pretty popular computer retailer from south india. they have an ebay store and also sell through their website. good for specific model of rams and other shit that is not easy to find otherwise (cabinet/psu/etc).

My Laptop is a 2 year old Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13 which has 2.13 Ghz Intel i3 processor and has only "3" GB of RAM.I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and have never ran any de-fragmentation or registry optimization software.My Laptop's boot time is not fast and some heavy application takes long time to start.And i am being a power user, haven't experienced any slow downs or sluggishness in my day to day use.I suggest you to cross check the antivirus software you are using, some inefficient antivirus software use lot of resources.

right. i once had a smoked motherboard because i did not set the RAM properly before booting it. it survived though. this time was my first in a long time and i barely managed to get it working 😀 very proud that my system is pretty stable right now 😀

prime abgb is a pretty popular computer retailer from south india. they have an ebay store and also sell through their website. good for specific model of rams and other shit that is not easy to find otherwise (cabinet/psu/etc).

Prime is from Mumbai Computer Hardware | Gaming PC | Computer Peripherals | Computer Product

Installing ram is very easy , watch tutorial on youtube & try it

any way of knowing that i have single 2gb or 1+1 gb, without opening the system???