Appeal to @airtel_presence to launch broadband plans with > 150GB FUP limits

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 8,183
Any such plan would be great, but doubt that they would ever offer anything like this.

Well, right now I can pay 3000 bucks for a 4mbps plan even with 75GB FUP only if its available in Pune! Airtel has only 2mbps as highest speed connections in Pune 🙁

lol. there is very little you gain when you switch from 2mbps to 4mbps if you are happy with a 75GB FUP limit. 🙂

I am ready to pay that much for the limits you mentioned, but then Airtel has to stop the throttling and blocking of torrent sites. Else it's no use for me..

lol. now that is something hard to expect from airtel. 🙂 of course the throttling and the blocks are a nuisance but i have come to realize that a private VPN has become more of a necessity than a convenience. governments around the world are succembing to corporations to restrict the freedom of speech on the net and of course access to web services like torrents.

I am not a techie and though I have heard about VPN's I don't quite understand the technology behind this. So in lay man's language, does by using this are you able to get around the throttling and blocking 100%? Is there no way Airtel can know that some heavy data transfer is happening in one particular account (albeit encrypted), and they try to throttle it?

VPNs are not illegal. Indian companies also use VPN for employees working from their homes. So basically you access the internet through your corporate servers enabling you to access data that is not available over the regular internet. VPN basically connects your internet through an international IP and all the data passes through it. Airtel cannot really do anything about it because it is not illegal and it would probably make the connection unusable for a lot of corporate folks working from homes.But yea, they probably can block access to VPN servers which would suck of course. But you gotta do what you gotta do. 😕

lol. got a message from airtel highlighting the 2500 rupee plan with 8mbps speeds with 150GB limit. told them that speed is not the issue limits are considering the limitations in place on torrents and other online services.

I'll pay Rs 3000 for a plan with 250 GB limit at 16 mbps download speed. ADSL 2+ networks are capable of delivering such speeds. No reason why it can't be done at this pricing.

Its because of people like MG & others that we now know that speed doesnt make much difference in priceMost ISPs are happy charging much higher for a faster plan with same data limits.If say for 2000/150 GB @ 4 mpbs is the plan, they would try to sell the same 150 GB at 250 @ 8 mbps as mentioned above by admin. For 16 mpbs, they would gladly take 3000, but limit would probably remain same - 150 GB. For 100 mbps, they will STILL have 150 GB, but the plan cost would shoot to 5-6k

Any web developer here who can do JS? What about I host a page similar to Take My Money, HBO! on this domain. Three fields:

1. Speed
2. Bandwidth
3. Price

Idea is to generate a customized tweet that can be sent directly to @airtel_presence? You can find the basics from the code from the linked site above. 😀 Something like this:

@airtel_presence I am ready to pay Rs. x for y GB FUP at z mbps speeds per month. Are you interested in delivering it to me?

Of course, it only works if more people on this forum (and visiting this forum) would bother to tweet the shit out of it! No one RTed this thread for example 😕

I would gladly pay Rs. 3000 (inclusive of taxes of course) for a 4mbps plan with 300GB data transfer limit. How about you?

Retweet

If Rs 3000 is minimum billing then I feel it is a bit too high for the average home users.

Imo, something like Rs 1000 for 100 GB minimum followed by Rs 10 per GB for additional bandwidth consumed would be ideal.

We Indians like bargaining. Ask for more and you will get less.So demand 300 GB limit at 16 mbps for Rs 2000 and may be you will get the same at price of Rs 3000. 🙂