• Views Views 30,392

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Renault Logan coming to India next year
We have been hearing about this car since a long time. Now, we have some confirmation from the sources that Renault Logan would indeed be coming to India sometime next year.
This car would take on existing models in the market including Maruti Esteem, Tata Indigo and Ford Ikon. Market [...]

https://broadband.forum/4498/nissan-logan/

I rather liked to see a clio.Wonder why dont they bring clio here at first. (french cars,anyone?)

mini is actually being considered by bmw. i doubt u would think about purchasing it for around 15 lakh.as for clio... would be too expensive to make in india.as for french cars... Citroën is expected to come to india soon with their fantastic cars.

French cars and fantastic are not words you usually hear in the same sentence. Thier engines are good but overall reliability compared to jap cars is not even close. French cars do not sell much in the US for this very reason.They might work in India with its congested roads and slow avg speeds and maybe more affordable for above mentioned reason.Figures i would be concerned about is km/litre/gallon at an avg speed of 30km/h rather than the western highway speeds they are measured with.

not sure but one of the leading automobile magazine in india had some real nice words for Citroën.

Mini is Rs.15 Lakh ? OMG!I guess they are for rich kids of actors then.Even sonata costs less than that.

umm actually the news articles i read claimed that it COULD cost as much as Rs. 18 lakh.high price coz?1. it would have to be totally imported. 2. it would need homologation.and blah blah. and in the end. its a bmw not a hyundai. mercedes a class is i think already available on sale in india on demand. it costs around the same price.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 2 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]63927[/snapback]
mercedes a class is i think already available on sale in india on demand. it costs around the same price.
[/b]
"It is better to buy a good white wine than a cheap champagne"

heh. dunno what u meant but i would personally prefer to buy a mini or a beetle rather than the mercedes a-class. even the smart car is more desirable than the a class mercedes.

Merc A class s available in India? It is the small car right?Never spotted one in the roads so far

Thanks for the link.So Merc fully imports a A-class and sells it in India....Hmm..Couldnt find a A-class pic in merc site! what are they selling!BTW,suggest this thread be moved to automotive forum.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 3 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]63939[/snapback]
heh. dunno what u meant..
[/b]
Simple, champagne is a step up from white wine.

If i'm not mistaken, isn't the a-class merc like the entry level model for mercs, meaning they go up a lot more in price as you reach the mid-range and even more for the top tier. Buying the entry level merc to say you drive a merc won't really convince anyone, its just merc's idea of tapping the low-cost segment for ppl that must say they drive a merc.

I was saying you would be better off with a car that is a level below the merc but close to the top-tier in its level than buying an entry-level merc.

So Merc fully imports a A-class and sells it in India....[/b]

They just say that we would be able to serve your individual need if you can pay the price.