Mahindra Verito Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Renault Logan coming to India next year
We have been hearing about this car since a long time. Now, we have some confirmation from the sources that Renault Logan would indeed be coming to India sometime next year.
This car would take on existing models in the market including Maruti Esteem, Tata Indigo and Ford Ikon. Market [...]

https://techwhack.co/4498/nissan-logan/

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
I rather liked to see a clio.Wonder why dont they bring clio here at first. (french cars,anyone?)

noname

Regulars
Jul 24, 2006
How about the "Mini". I think they are perfect for our congested roads!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
mini is actually being considered by bmw. i doubt u would think about purchasing it for around 15 lakh.as for clio... would be too expensive to make in india.as for french cars... Citroën is expected to come to india soon with their fantastic cars.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
French cars and fantastic are not words you usually hear in the same sentence. Thier engines are good but overall reliability compared to jap cars is not even close. French cars do not sell much in the US for this very reason.They might work in India with its congested roads and slow avg speeds and maybe more affordable for above mentioned reason.Figures i would be concerned about is km/litre/gallon at an avg speed of 30km/h rather than the western highway speeds they are measured with.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
not sure but one of the leading automobile magazine in india had some real nice words for Citroën.

noname

Regulars
Jul 24, 2006
Mini is Rs.15 Lakh ? OMG!I guess they are for rich kids of actors then.Even sonata costs less than that.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
umm actually the news articles i read claimed that it COULD cost as much as Rs. 18 lakh.high price coz?1. it would have to be totally imported. 2. it would need homologation.and blah blah. and in the end. its a bmw not a hyundai. mercedes a class is i think already available on sale in india on demand. it costs around the same price.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 2 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]63927[/snapback]
mercedes a class is i think already available on sale in india on demand. it costs around the same price.
[/b]
"It is better to buy a good white wine than a cheap champagne"

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh. dunno what u meant but i would personally prefer to buy a mini or a beetle rather than the mercedes a-class. even the smart car is more desirable than the a class mercedes.