Getting 3.4mbps for BBG ULD 1350 plan

@mgcarley
Sorry to bump into this old thread again but i can't take these bad speeds anymore. I've tried all possible options as suggested by BSNL but i', still *not* getting speeds in excess of 2 Mbps(SNR has not changed). I even upgraded my plan from ULD1350 to ULD1700 this month(both are 4mbps but BSNL CC Rep asked me to try this as the last option because the "Port" etc at the exchange gets refreshed when tariff plan is changed - does not make much sense but i tried it either ways because nothing else was left) ... It took a full month to get this done, because BSNL has decided to go back to 'Stone Age' with their policies, they no longer take 'Plan change' request on the BSNL Website or even on phone, we have to go to the local exchange & give a signed letter / Application to change our Tariff Plan :cursing:

Please help me with the correct escalation path at TRAI or any other authority, i've tried everything else at BSNL & nothing works, i can't even change to another provider because BSNL is the only wired provider in my locality

Bro, we're on the same boat. I too switched to ULD 1700 from August 2, and my speeds are capped at 2mbps as well but I was getting 4mbps earlier on my 1350. Even though my modem sync says 8mbps, the speedtest from BSNL site (the only one which they accept) also shows only 2mbps to max 3mbps at sometimes. I think there is something seriously wrong.

I talked with some NIB people, but it has been no use! I already visited the exchange and stuff and they still haven't resolved my latency issue. Now, I no longer get the speeds I subscribed to!

Are you still on Google DNS? What do you get from a traceroute to 8.8.8.8?
Using Google DNS could have issues for some users.

Have you tried Namebench from GRC's*|*DNS Nameserver Performance Benchmark**?
Give it a try & let us know.

I already did try changing my DNS, and a lot of stuff but it did not help. There's some misconfiguration from BSNL and I don't know who else to complain to.

Bro, we're on the same boat. I too switched to ULD 1700 from August 2, and my speeds are capped at 2mbps as well but I was getting 4mbps earlier on my 1350. Even though my modem sync says 8mbps, the speedtest from BSNL site (the only one which they accept) also shows only 2mbps to max 3mbps at sometimes. I think there is something seriously wrong.

I talked with some NIB people, but it has been no use! I already visited the exchange and stuff and they still haven't resolved my latency issue. Now, I no longer get the speeds I subscribed to!

I already did try changing my DNS, and a lot of stuff but it did not help. There's some misconfiguration from BSNL and I don't know who else to complain to.

I guess ur speed ie.1700ULD is 2mbps plan. please check and see

I guess ur speed ie.1700ULD is 2mbps plan. please check and see

No.
I'm technically under Tamilnadu circle, and ULD 1700 is supposed to give me 4mbps up-to 100GB and 256kbps beyond that.

I was previously in ULD 1350, I used to get 4mbps up-to 30 GB (20GB for others) and 512kbps beyond.

No.
I'm technically under Tamilnadu circle, and ULD 1700 is supposed to give me 4mbps up-to 100GB and 256kbps beyond that.

I was previously in ULD 1350, I used to get 4mbps up-to 30 GB (20GB for others) and 512kbps beyond.
The problem is definitely on BSNLs side. Tell 'em to refresh something on their back end. If nothing happens that it's time for a kick on the *back end*. Try the link I posted above.

offtopic facebook not opening in bsnl can u confirm??

madhusudhan7, maybe it's time to escalate things? Try Telecom Consumer Complaints Monitoring System

These things don't work well brother, after talking to many BSNL Customer Care fellas i finally realized that my speed was capped to "2 Mbps till 40gb then 256 Kbps" in spite of being in Karnataka Circle - BSNL website clearly says "4 Mbps till 100 GB then 256 Kbps" on their website & the customer care also agrees but no one has been able to resolve my issue for over a week now !

I got sick & tired of BSNL hence bought a Airtel 4g connection because there are no other wired operators in my area 🙁

offtopic
facebook not opening in bsnl can u confirm??

Was always working fine pal