• Thread starter Thread starter sachinbr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,300

sachinbr

Regular
ISP
Reliance Wired Broadband
The Pocket TV is a small pocket-sized dongle that connects to the HDMI port of any regular TV (even your 5-year-old TV) and converts it into a Smart TV. It's basically a fully functioning micro-computer the size of your thumb which runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) much like today's latest smartphones. The processing power in the Pocket TV will allow you to display Android on your TV turning it into a mega-sized tablet (just imagine a 50 inch iPad). You can download apps from the Google Play Store to stream videos, play games, connect with your friends on Facebook, catch up on news, do some work or simply surf the web. You can even attach a video camera to do Skype video-calls

The Pocket TV: Makes any TV a Smart TV by Infinitec — Kickstarter

i guess this is the best alternative other than google tv to get android on your television!

yes n its just $100($135 including Air remote) + $15 shipping.I feel air remote is very super

it would be if it gets the required funding considering it is on kickstarter. 🙂

ah. they have reached their goal. that's cool.

going for a smart tv is in any case a bad decision. considering set top boxes from WD and other companies are pretty cheap. they have more features and are replaceable. with a smart tv, you are stuck with what the manufacturer has to offer. with set top boxes, you can pick the one that you like and replace it when newer models with more features are available. i really do not understand the point of going for a smart tv. i agree that you save some space. but as this product has shown, set top boxes can become really portable in the future.

would love if STB becomes portable like this. There would be a big war in industry. Seeing when MNP like thing will come to DTH

Oh, I dunno why that link is being converted to video.. Let me checkI have broken it in two lines - Join them & try.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/484889112/the-pocket-tv-makes-any-tv-a-smart-tvHowever they have just givcen more details, & that they will be putting product on their site soon.

You asked us if we could add more RAM. Much more. Double in fact. And we couldn't say no. Trust us, it was no walk in the park. We had to change major components and hardware design which means lots more testing and debugging needs to take place, as well as quality assurance and about a gazillion other things. Normally that would have delayed us 3 months at least but we said to ourselves that we need to do better. We pushed ourselves and our partners to work harder (25 hours a day, 8 days a week) and we're proud to officially announce that we're getting it done for you!

The Pocket TV: Makes any TV a Smart TV by Infinitec » Updates — Kickstarter

https://imgur.com/DlnIP