• Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,184

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
RIM Launches Third BlackBerry Store in Bangalore, India - BerryReview

"RIM has officially opened their third store in India this week in Bangalore. This comes after store openings in the capital Delhi and then in Gurgaon. RIM said they were working on 15 stores in India this year. "

"Research In Motion today announced the opening of the first BlackBerry® exclusive store in Bangalore", "the store will feature the entire BlackBerry product portfolio offering a holistic consumer experience on BlackBerry consumer and enterprise services to its consumers. "

2 BlackBerry Premium Stores Open in Mumbai Today! | BBin

Research In Motion continues to spread wings in India with inauguration of Two more BlackBerry Premium Stores in Mumbai today! The stores are located at Fort and Palladium Phoenix Mills Compound – Lower Parel in South Mumbai. These BlackBerry hubs are One-Stop-Shop from devices to Accessories under one roof. Other three RIMclusive stores in India are located in Bangalore, Delhi & Haryana’s.

A unique experience destination, the BlackBerry Premium Store will provide customers the opportunity to discover the BlackBerry experience within special zones featuring consumer and enterprise applications along with product service and a demo zone to highlight the exceptional performance of BlackBerry smartphones. A knowledgeable and enthusiastic team in store will deliver expert information and advice to create the finest customer experience. The BlackBerry Premium store will be open seven days a week and the company plans to open similar stores in key metro cities in India in phased manner.

lol. they are losing money like shit. what is the point of launching dedicated stores? and that too in india? when most people buy their phones either online or from local stores? 😕 i mean who in the world has time to go to a store to learn about features about their phones?

RIM Inaugurates West Bengal

Research In Motion continues to spread wings in India with inauguration of another BlackBerry Premium Store this time in Kolkata! These BlackBerry hubs are One-Stop-Shop from devices to Accessories under one roof.

Other five RIMclusive stores in India are located in Mumbai (2 stores), Bangalore, Delhi & Haryana. RIM will be launching almost 10 to 15 BlackBerry premium stores by the end of the year covering all the top metros including Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.

smart way to waste money. they already have enough authorized dealers around the country. competing with them is not going to make them any happier.a friend of mine is an authorized dealer in delhi. and i know how hard times are for him these days. to sell htc/samsung/Sony devices, he has to pretty much pay for them before he can sell them to a customer. so he does not keep any stock of the expensive devices like S3.

I am not sure about other places, but there are some accessories, that are simply not available in most stores in chennai, so hoping atleast that situation is remedied. Also, most of the stores do not have devices for people to have a look, you need to buy based on online reviews or after handling someone's device.

that's something these companies can easily fix at least in stores operated by authorized dealers. it is disappointing that these companies cannot even provide one unit each of all of their popular models as demo units for display at their authorized dealerships. it would be insanely cheaper to take that route than to open company owned stores like the ones they are opening today.

i guess. in any case, expanding company owned showrooms would create a very complicated situation for any company. i do not see why retailers would pay for getting authorized dealership status.

Well for electronic goods we have exclusive showrooms, but we have dealers continuing to do good business. I guess things would be cheaper there because of competition , whereas the company owned are for things like brand image, brand experience & more options - stuff like that.

at least in metro cities, the trend of using showrooms to check out devices you want to buy and then order them online. similar to what has been happening in the US market for so long. retail stores in usa actually run offers to match the cheapest price online (on recognized stores) on the spot to lose sales from such customers.

the same friend who runs that bb dealership also has a store in gurgaon where he sell denon and other high end home theater systems. he had the same story for me. said flipkart etc are dealing directly with the companies to stock the same hardware. consumers would come to their store. get a demo. and then leave. and buy the products they like online. where prices are lower. he had to spend a lot on creating the demo room with sound proof walls and huge ass screen display (and HD projector) with all the speaker systems available on demo.

In US too, the brick/mortar electronic shops are not doing as roaring business as before, they are backed by their online business I guess for survival - CompUSA, Circuitcity are examples of closed brands. I was reading a while back that Bestbuy is going the same direction Circuity City did a year or so before it collapsed. I guess its tough to match the competition of online.

well almost all of these retail chains have their own online stores as well. 😀 the problem is for the little guys. their business model is disappearing. no amount of good service can match cheaper prices online. 🙂