• Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,619
Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
I was on 30p/min pack till yesterday. I got an sms in the morning today that its expired & I have to renew with another bonus card of Rs 24/-. But when I tried *444# it tells me that ‘This offer is not available for you.’ (After going thru the relevant menu sequence). So I went to the Vodafone mini store which is near my home & was told by the Vodafone employee there to ‘Wait till tomorrow’ as this happens to many customers. But why does this happen? What primitive system does Vodafone use in India that it cannot even allow its customers to use the offers, it makes to its own customers. 😛ig:
@VodafoneIndia: PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD AS I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP

https://i.imgur.com/gZZSn.png

Yeah ! this has happened to me several times... Reported Vodafone... nothing done as yet... and i guess, the bot would reply here :mad-tongue:

I was on 30p/min pack till yesterday. I got an sms in the morning today that its expired & I have to renew with another bonus card of Rs 24/-. But when I tried *444# it tells me that ‘This offer is not available for you.’ So I went to the Vodafone mini store which is near my home & was told by the Vodafone employee there to ‘Wait till tomorrow’ as this happens to many customers. But why does this happen? What primitive system does Vodafone use in India that it cannot even allow its customers to use the offers, it makes to its own customers. 😛ig:

Network ka Bar bhi kam hai 😛 No full network on your area ??? 😛
I was on 30p/min pack till yesterday. I got an sms in the morning today that its expired & I have to renew with another bonus card of Rs 24/-. But when I tried *444# it tells me that ‘This offer is not available for you.’ So I went to the Vodafone mini store which is near my home & was told by the Vodafone employee there to ‘Wait till tomorrow’ as this happens to many customers. But why does this happen? What primitive system does Vodafone use in India that it cannot even allow its customers to use the offers, it makes to its own customers. 😛ig:

https://i.imgur.com/gZZSn.png

Network ka Bar bhi kam hai 😛 No full network on your area ??? 😛

Good observation buddy. Yes it’s bad in my area. It’s been that way for more than 6-7 years now. In the past when I rang them up them kept me on hold for more than 10 mins then disconnect. That was their modus operandi then. Year before last when I rang up the Nodal office they promised to send someone &, they did. This is what happened.
Guy came went around the house with his mobile (A Nokia phone) as it had a signal measuring app, then after sitting down
HE: said the signal is fine & there is no problem.
Me: Wait & asked for his number so I could dial it
He: my phone is not ringing (as if I didn’t know as he was sitting across the room from me.)
Me: As I was getting the ‘This phone is currently unavailable. Please try after sometime’. I gave him my phone to hear the message.
He: Let me check again. So went around the house & this time said the signal strength varies a lot. (PS I had seen this on his last trip 'around the house’ routine but he did not accept it then. After sitting down again says that he will report this to their superiors.
Me: I said its fine but please keep me in the loop.
He: Goes away.
He: (After 2 weeks) we have accepted that the signal varies in your area & to improve that we need permission from your colony to install a booster on your rooftop.
Me: WTH. But why was the signal ok right from 1995 & only in the last 6-7 years has it become so bad. My guess is that they have transferred the booster from my area to a commercial area where there were many complaints & install a dud piece in my area as it was a residential area. I asked them if this was true & I got a lot of BS from the guy on the other end giving as lot of BS on the presumption that I am not technical. Also I told them that we get a lot of joker in my colony marketing this company claiming that they have installed ‘a new booster near the railway station’. What was al that about? No answer 😀 I told them in NO WAY is my colony going to give them permission. So they put up their hands & said ‘O in that case we can’t do anything’ and there it rests.

Lol.. It seems they are short of their instruments there... They now depend on Apps for Signal detection :tonguesmilie::haha: And lastly when they did say that they can't do anything about it... You should have replied "Ok, I will shift to an another service provider through MNP" and when these guys start loosing their customers, they strike back :haha:

Good observation buddy. Yes it’s bad in my area. It’s been that way for more than 6-7 years now. In the past when I rang them up them kept me on hold for more than 10 mins then disconnected. That was their modus operandi then. Year before last when I rang up the Nodal office they promised to send someone &, they did. This is what happened.
Guy came went around the house with his mobile (A Nokia phone) as it had a signal measuring app, then after sitting down
HE: said the signal is fine & there is no problem.
Me: Wait & asked for his number so I could dial it
He: my phone is not ringing (as if I didn’t know as he was sitting across the room from me.)
Me: As I was getting the ‘This phone is currently unavailable. Please try after sometime’. I gave him my phone to hear the message.
He: Let me check again. So went around the house & this time said the signal strength varies a lot. (PS I had seen this on his last trip 'around the house’ routine but he did not accept it then. After sitting down again says that he will report this to their superiors.
Me: I said its fine but please keep me in the loop.
He: Goes away.
He: (After 2 weeks) we have accepted that the signal varies in your area & to improve that we need permission from your colony to install a booster on your rooftop.
Me: WTH. But why was the signal ok right from 1995 & only in the last 6-7 years has it become so bad. My guess is that they have transferred the booster from my area to a commercial area where there were many complaints & install a dud piece in my area as it was a residential area. I asked them if this was true & I got a lot of BS from the guy on the other end giving as lot of BS on the presumption that I am not technical. Also I told them that we get a lot of joker in my colony marketing this company claiming that they have installed ‘a new booster near the railway station’. What was al that about? No answer 😀 I told them in NO WAY is my colony going to give them permission. So they put up their hands & said ‘O in that case we can’t do anything’ and there it rests.

They should give me a lifelong free for loyalty or foolishness :rofl: . Right from 1998 thru all the name changes from then till now. I will seriously consider that now but in the finally analysis they are all bad. All shed crocodile tears about losses & go laughing all the way to the bank this has been happening from 1995.

I was on 30p/min pack till yesterday. I got an sms in the morning today that its expired & I have to renew with another bonus card of Rs 24/-. But when I tried *444# it tells me that ‘This offer is not available for you.’ (After going thru the relevant menu sequence). So I went to the Vodafone mini store which is near my home & was told by the Vodafone employee there to ‘Wait till tomorrow’ as this happens to many customers. But why does this happen? What primitive system does Vodafone use in India that it cannot even allow its customers to use the offers, it makes to its own customers. 😛ig:

[/url]

I too have had this experience in the past so its quite widespread & a regular occurance & not a one off as they would like to believe. Its truly shocking & totally unacceptable. This can happen only in our country elsewhere they would have been stripped in public in the courts.
@VodafoneIndia: I think you should give socrates a free lifelong (whatever pack he wants) for patience. 😀

Update 8-6-2012: Like I mentioned in the first post, I did as the Vodafone mini store rep's instructions. I used a bonus card to recharge for Rs 24/- for the local calls at 30p/min today & it worked like a charm. Looks like the vodafone systems are not up to the scratch or the option given in *444# does not work for Mumbai customers or t was a temporary glitch. Anyway it was a disappointing experience and considering many others face the same I wonder why they don't sort it out.

I want to purchase 94 pack which gives 400 local minutes as mentioned on Topup page for Bonus card, but I cant purchase it online. There is no option to select it (MH Circle).
I will have to do it in shop I guess 🙁

Thank God, that Vodafone bot is banned by Admin I think 🙂

Yep. Finally it's Banned.. Thank You So Much Sushubh...

Oh, Come on. Another source of entertainment is gone.Anyway, congrats on completing 300 posts while you were here :sinister:

Are you sure. I don't see any indication that the bot is banned. I had seen a post by someone saying he would be writing to the Nodal Office about this bot. Maybe he wants to check its authenticity. lol :rofl:

Since the bot has been banned AND the query has been answered by the Vodafone mini store rep this thread is being closed.Thanks all for your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.