GSAT 10 delayed again till sept 14

• Thread starter Thread starter vikash1111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,168

vikash1111

ISP
bsnl
GSAT 1O SCHEDULE TO BE LAUNCH IN SEPT 14Planned launchesDate - Satellite(s) - Rocket - Launch Site - Time (UTC)2012late June-early July - Echostar 17 / Jupiter 1 & MSG-3 - Ariane 5 ECA (VA207)July 27 - Intelsat 20 & HYLAS 2 - Ariane 5 ECA (VA208)September 14 - ASTRA 2F & GSAT 10 - Ariane 5 ECA (VA209)October 12 - Galileo-IOV (2 sats) - Soyuz-STB/Fregat-MT (VS03)midyear - OHO-1 - Ariane 5 / Soyuz (probably cancelled)fourth quarter - Arsat 1 - Ariane 5 / Soyuz (or May 2013)fourth quarter - Eutelsat 21B/W6A - Ariane 5 ECAend of year - GSAT 7 - Ariane 5 / Soyuz (or first quarter 2013)end of year - Azerspace/Africasat-1a - Ariane 5 ECAend of year - Mexsat-3 - Ariane 5 / Soyuzend of year - Pléiades-1B - Soyuz-STA/FregatTBD - Star One C3 - Ariane 5 ECA

TS has less channels and are charging more when compared to other DTH providers...with GSAT 10 Launch they can add few more channels but TS will remain the costliest DTH in india....

Lets hope for the best...i hope from november if they start adding the channels they should not increase the price of the channels...

Lets hope for the best...i hope from november if they start adding the channels they should not increase the price of the channels...

Price will get increased no doubt .. for 10 channels if they are charging 100 rs a month then when more new hd channels are added cost is bound to go up ...

D2H providing 19 HD Channels and giving @ a price of 140 + Tax to view all the HD channels....I dotn for the last few days some thing is not going well for me with respect to TS in my mind...

D2H providing 19 HD Channels and giving @ a price of 140 + Tax to view all the HD channels....

I dotn for the last few days some thing is not going well for me with respect to TS in my mind...

yes D2H providing more HD channels in less price... But have compare the quality of Picture with TS hd??? I am using both D2H and TS HD, and i am happy with TS HD because of there PQ and Dolby digital AQ. in D2H u wont find any Dolby digital sound(only stereo).

ya from nov - dec onward TS definitely double the no of channel they currently have.

DTH market is so competitive today that TS have to compromise with there channel packages. I dnt think they will double the price, bcoz if they do so they will get hard competition from DTH provider like D2H, Dish tv....No doubt Price will Increase to certain extent.

Let the GSAT 10 first get launched....At this point of time i am slightly feeling the pinch of package cost with TS...

Let the GSAT 10 first get launched....

At this point of time i am slightly feeling the pinch of package cost with TS...

Well the price pinch is surely there , what makes it worse are that star gold and star cricket are infested with ads inspite of paying a premium for these channels .. star gold has gone totally useless , atleast first they were showing new movies, in april - may it was understood that because of ipl they had to keep a low profile but these scumbags star people go ahead and launch a new movie channel movies ok and show new movies like jodi breakers , kahani there whereas they should have shown these on hi defination on star gold .. just plain pathetic .. see the movies they show on star gold 70% of them are upscaled ... this is outright cheating ...

I am seriously thinking of moving to ADTH, iirc this is the 3rd time the launch of GSat 10 is being postponed. iirc ADTH, DTV and even Videocon has many more Tamil channels than TS. TS has seriously ignored the regional channels because of their transponder shortage.

I am with you...i have made up my mind....i will be with Ts max to max this year end....i am least bothered about GSAT 10 Launch...even if TS provides more tamil channels after GSAT launch.....i am more worried about package cost...at this point of time i am paying Rs. 6500 where as in D2H for i have to pay only 5230 for 14 months and i get 20 Tamil Channels plus max HD channels of my preference like Movies now HD and Ten HD...For sure TS will increase HD channel cost as they will increase their HD channels content after GSAT 10 Launch....With airtel i am not clear on their long duration packs....