Do you think FUP limits is a freaking scam ?

Airtel's Plans are FAKE with ridiculously low FUP Limits . Bigger data plans cost exorbitantly . Those who're in the same boat know what I'm talking about . For example , i've got 2 mbps till 10 GB . After that I get 256 kbps , 1/8 th of the speed . It would have been understandable if post FUP speeds was divided by , like half . It would be great . acceptable even if it's 512 kbps . But this ? this is a freaking scam . private ISP's make money by making lengthy articles oh " How FUP limits are for benefit of the majority " . they keep low FUP limits , then want to earn by selling more DATA which is costly as hell . 1GB will cost a 99 + taxes . Other services like " Speed on demand" are available to crush the user . Airtel please give reasonable plans . THIS IS FOR ALL USERS WHO ARE AGAINST FUP LIMITS AND ARE TROUBLED BY IT . THEY KNOW ITS A FREAKING SCAM AND WANT TO DO SOMETHING BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START . C'MON , TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

as already discussed multiple times on this forum already, fup is a global phenomenon and is not going anywhere. the problem with airtel is that they charge a lot for extra bandwidth and their existing plans do not offer a lot of bandwidth. the best available is 150GB and after that you pay as much as 100 rupees per GB of extra bandwidth. what we need are plans with more bandwidth even if they are priced higher. i do not want to pay 100 rupees for extra GB of data transfer after i paid 2500 rupees for 150GB. user on a 3GB FUP plan is also expected to pay the same. this is the nonsense i do not understand. bandwidth costs should be reasonable. that's the problem here. fup is understandable. the other problem is that they charge extra for higher speed plans. 150GB at 2mbps is cheaper than 150GB at 4mbps. this is a major nonsense considering both plans cost them same. just let me buy bandwidth in bundles of 500GB/1TB/2TB with a reasonable validity and let me get it as much speed as my network can handle.

I dont agree that FUP is a global phenomenon and its not going anywhere. ISPs in some countries are doing away or increasing the limits of FUP. The cost of data is getting cheaper with time, MUCH cheaper. I used a 100 Mbps connection of Bredbandsbolaget (subsidiary of Telenor in Sweden) last year for 6 months. It uses FTTH and I did get speeds upto 100Mbps. There was no download limit, or at least I did not see any as I downloaded around 200-250GBs per month (not counting any uploads). There was no speed reduction, no disconnection of service etc. The best thing is: the cost of connection was 349 SEK per month, comes around Rs 2800 /month. (For reference, Sweden is much costlier than India overall, a packet of bread costs Rs 140-160, a pack of cigs costs Rs 350-400). Now tell me, which service provider in India can provide a FTTH connection with 100Mbps even with FUP 50GB at that rate?I agree that in India ISPs are still on the growing curve in terms of infrastructure. But we should expect that players who have been in Indian markets for a long time, like BSNL and Airtel should have upgraded their infrastructure long ago. The problem is that Indian ISPs do not want to pass any cost advantages (of data getting cheaper) to the customers, instead they want to suck all the money out of consumers without even providing good service.

All chromainac said.
Hayai was a good initiative. But I honestly stopped following them since past few months. Just hoping for a surprise call from them telling me "We are coming to install your connection today"

I am new to this forum and read the threads about Hayai. I feel that they underestimated the scale of the whole project and also the local challenges in India. It indeed takes much more time, effort and cost to start a new business in India.