• Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,461

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
All services except 17 in the negative list, will be taxed from July 1, the Finance Ministry has said. Under the 'negative list' approach, services specified in the list will remain outside the tax net.

The government has widened the definition of 'Services' to bring in more activities under the tax net. At present, 119 services that come under 'positive list' are levied.

The 'negative list" approach was proposed in the Budget. Following assent of the President to the Finance Bill, the Finance Ministry said the new service tax regime will come into force from July 1.

The Budget also hiked the service tax rate by two per cent to 12 per cent.

Almost all services to be taxed from Jul 1

Sucks for all of us.

Too many taxes better keep one tax and remove rest all to avoid taxing again and again

My cable guy increased the price from 200 to 250 rupees citing that the service tax has been included from now on and pay channels have increased the prices 🙁

^^^^Cable TV was already subjected to Service tax long before Along with DTH.He must be needing an excuse to increase tariffs

yeap. and cable guys have had the option to fake their account books to avoid giving service tax and dth/cas is designed exactly to overcome that loophole.

Cable guys are the worst! Even my guy asked me to pay 235 rs from 180rs .They provide less channels and demand more. My connection is full of lines and dots and hardly 1~2channels out of 65channels are crystal clear, rest all are blurry. Got fed up with his connection and complained to him many times. But he only shows up on month starting. So blasted him away and said i would not pay a penny for the shitty service. Since then he stopped coming and that idiot never even cared to remove the connection. So yeap free connection from 3 months

Cable guys are the worst! Even my guy asked me to pay 235 rs from 180rs .They provide less channels and demand more. My connection is full of lines and dots and hardly 1~2channels out of 65channels are crystal clear, rest all are blurry. Got fed up with his connection and complained to him many times.

But he only shows up on month starting. So blasted him away and said i would not pay a penny for the shitty service. Since then he stopped coming and that idiot never even cared to remove the connection. So yeap free connection from 3 months

Just make sure he doesn't come after 6 months and ask you to pay for 6 months. It happened with my friend.

Just make sure he doesn't come after 6 months and ask you to pay for 6 months. It happened with my friend.

nope. Told him to remove the connection. He didn't. End of story. Its close to 8 years now since we had this connection