• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,341

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Just a couple of days away from their scheduled peace protests, across the country, popular hacktivist group, Anonymous are at it again and this time it is the official website of MTNL that is down. MTNL is a very popular ISP in the metros, primarily Mumbai and Delhi. While the Internet services are working fine, the main site (http://www.mtnl.net.in/) is down. The site acts as a gateway for a number of services for MTNL, which include bill payment and schemes on their services. Of course, the various sections of the site can be accessed by doing a simple Google search. As has been the case with previous hacking attacks, Anonymous hasn’t damaged any data on site, except for the main home page from the look of things. There’s no sign of the Anonymous message, which was found on previous hacking attacks in the past.

Anonymous takes down MTNL site to protest Internet censorship

Maybe this the reason why I could not check my usage in the last few days. Its working today but its not up to date 🙁 :shock:

Seriously, anonymous are fools, I bet they've got no idea that its the airtel/rcom links that block access.

They are targeting all government sites.. They also targeted reliance communication so airtel other may be next on list

Would aslo love to see BSNL being taken down.

Seriously, anonymous are fools, I bet they've got no idea that its the airtel/rcom links that block access.

You're the fool then for thinking they've no idea who is actually blocking.

They're targeting all govt sites and several other sites involved in this censorship.

There is one more site where you can feel DDoS attacks every day at 08:00am sharp.

irctc.co.in

They won't attack irctc because they know it's crucial for the common public. They said this in a recent IRC interview which was published in TOI Crest I think.

frankly speaking taking down a bunch of government websites for a couple of hours or even days is not going to change anything. they could have done something nice. ensure that Copyright Labs website never stayed online hitting them where it hurts.

You're the fool then for thinking they've no idea who is actually blocking.

They're targeting all govt sites and several other sites involved in this censorship. [/font]

Umm, MTNL isn't blocking any website on its end. So if they're targeting mtnl for the blocks, they're action is misguided.

They won't attack irctc because they know it's crucial for the common public. They said this in a recent IRC interview which was published in TOI Crest I think.

Then MTNL website is not crucial for common public? I mean We can count MTNL users from Delhi and Mumbai as common public of India. For online bill payments, Usage checking, complaint booking etc are some things which common public do daily at MTNL's site.

And True they won't attack IRCTC because it goes offline for 2 or 3 hours daily without any efforts.

Then MTNL website is not crucial for common public? I mean We can count MTNL users from Delhi and Mumbai as common public of India. For online bill payments, Usage checking, complaint booking etc are some things which common public do daily at MTNL's site.

And True they won't attack IRCTC because it goes offline for 2 or 3 hours daily without any efforts.

u are comparing train bookings with "online bill payments, Usage checking, complaint booking etc"???............:laugh:

u are comparing train bookings with "online bill payments, Usage checking, complaint booking etc"???............:laugh:

I am not comparing these two. I just want to say, If MTNL or Supreme Court websites are taken down by Anonymous, then also only common public is affected. As I want IRCTC 24 hours up, I also want MTNL and Supreme Court websites.

But by taking down Congress Party's website, no common public will be affected.