Google Drive

u bought more space???

i have been on the 80GB plan for around a year now. got it after i dumped flickr pro.

----------

Wonder why people don't user SkyDrive 😕

good question. at least for windows users. considering windows 8 would have deep integration with skydrive which google would not be able to match.

And importantly, all android devices will get office document editing capabilities out-of-the-box. Most of them, including many high end ones currently have only doc viewer.

depending upon what google does though 😀 there have been cases when they have not released an acquired product for free. though these are rare instances. i do believe that they would integrate google docs with quickoffice. so you would be able to open and edit your google docs hosted documents/spreadsheets/presentations in quickoffice to view and edit them on the move even when your phone or tablet is not connected to the internet.

After Facebook, Google is now on Shopping drive. Google recently acquired Meebo as well.

Meebo acquisition was more of a talent hire I believe. I hope they kill the Meebo bar which is a nuisance to have on websites that loads it. Meebo developers would now work on Google Plus platform. Remains to be seen what new features are added to it. I wonder if Google Talk would add support for third party IM protocols 😕