Quickoffice now free on Apple iOS and Google Android (10GB free storage on Google Drive)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it should be awesome considering quickoffice sells for around 15-20 dollars on the Google Play Store. there is a good possibility that google would make it free.

chaibiskutbhai

Regulars
Nov 30, 2011
Hyderabad
And importantly, all android devices will get office document editing capabilities out-of-the-box. Most of them, including many high end ones currently have only doc viewer.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
depending upon what google does though :D there have been cases when they have not released an acquired product for free. though these are rare instances. i do believe that they would integrate google docs with quickoffice. so you would be able to open and edit your google docs hosted documents/spreadsheets/presentations in quickoffice to view and edit them on the move even when your phone or tablet is not connected to the internet.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
After Facebook, Google is now on Shopping drive. Google recently acquired Meebo as well.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Meebo acquisition was more of a talent hire I believe. I hope they kill the Meebo bar which is a nuisance to have on websites that loads it. Meebo developers would now work on Google Plus platform. Remains to be seen what new features are added to it. I wonder if Google Talk would add support for third party IM protocols :confused:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
they have killed google talk? :confused: they have not updated the desktop app in a long time. but the web based edition is a core feature of their platform. plus, it is supported by almost all third party IM services because it uses an open platform.