Best country for VPN on Airtel Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,573
swissvpn

😕 i asked for best countries to connect to 😕 to get decent pings and good speeds... i understand that the lag is unavoidable. just looking for suggestions which would work better on airtel broadband.

when you are buying a paid VPN service you are sharing that server with other ppl, depending on your package but it is still shared, all resources i.e. so even if you get a vpn from a Asian country , [ look up cloud.kr if they are still around nice guys too] it would be shared so the lag will be always there, i mean using a vpn for gaming or for better pings hardly makes sense. pro way of doing it is to get your cheap vps or even a dedi server like from ovh is now selling to the whole world and cheapest server is like 13 euro and will blow the best servers from other d.c's and then set up your own vpn server on that. pros + you have full control, full usage of line, b/w , logs, resources plus esp with ovh you set 3 ips free and can order more from any European country and even Canada or U.S now since they have their own D.C there [ i have 10 ips 😛] plus you can use the server or vps for other purposes too , you are a web master so you would know, run your znc bouncer, seedbox, ftp server , in the end it all depends how airtel routes their traffic which i don't think should be that bad to e.u, if you want Asian i mentioned cloud.kr dunno if they are still around but you can get a lot of info on wht on this plus some discounts too. p.s i would not touch hidemyass since they are not they based in U.S which makes them untouchable plus they have been know to hand over customer info to feds and U.S govt , go E.U all they way for a vpn, vps, server etc...

ah well. i have this dedicated server where this forum is running. i have used it to do ssh tunnel for torrents in the past. worked well. might switch to it next month. paying 10 dollars every month over the broadband bill does not really make much sense.

yep you already have ssh to your server and if you need it for p2p only setting up a ssh tunnel makes more sense plus you don't have spend anymore too.

would give it a try once again next month. but most web hosts i believe block using their servers for tunneling unless of course it is listed as one of the features of the server 🙂 dreamhost is a shared hosting service. they offer literally unlimited storage space. but they prohibit storing content that is not made publicly available. i was using a friend's account on dreamhost for backing up my server. files were stored outside public access. dreamhost sent him a warning mail telling him that it was not allowed. 😀 dedicated hosts of course are more liberal. but tunneling is something that most of them would have issues with. the suggestion above about taking servers designed to be used for such activities is a better idea to be on the safer side.

lol true that brah if it is dreamhosts shared hosting then there is a problem , all most, all web hosts will have a problem with a ssh tunnel . when we were in collage and broke we used sign up for free hostings just to get ssh to their servers so we could bypass univ's firewall 😀 good days . lol most of them stopped giving free shh access soon after. so go for a cheap dedi or vps , i just let one of my vps expire else i would just passed it too you it was only for 8 euro from leaseweb with a 240 gig hdd 2 gig ram and unlimited b/w on a 1000/1000 line. got it from WHT using a promo lw was giving to their members.

haha not a problem. with 150GB FUP on airtel, i really do not have the ability to download much anyways 😀

ooh. running spotflux right now. my ip still appears to be airtel but i can access the sites that are blocked on airtel. not sure what exactly it is doing!

ooh. running spotflux right now. my ip still appears to be airtel but i can access the sites that are blocked on airtel. not sure what exactly it is doing!

I gave it a shot too and it does change my IP to an IP from US. I am on airtel too and able to access sites with Spotflux.

Hurry... quick... block this thread or hide it before Airtel gets to know about it 😛

Singapore seems to be a total mess today. Luxembourg is what I am connecting through today.