Bye Bye Reliance

amit_dp

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 19, 2006
Okay .. Had enough of this crappy reliance ... booked Airtel DVR .. installation should be done today .. Wats the process of disconnection guys .. ? Do I get any refund for the money i paid for reliance DVR ?

amit_dp

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 19, 2006
I took it couple of years back when it was not publicly launched .. and was available for reliance employees only .. at that time it was the only one with MPEG-4 compression .. airtel and videocon weren't in picture at that time ..

amit_dp

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 19, 2006
haha .. I hope not .. the installation is done .. pretty swift .. will have a proper look at the features etc whn i reach home tonite .. any ideas abt reliance disconnection guys .. ?

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
No seriously, airtel chaps are cheats. Waiting for my subscription to end, and then I'll kick them out.

activity

Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
you went with reliance? i thought most people on the forum recommended videocon?

I checked with Videocon. They don't seem to have the HD DVR in stock. Also, they say it costs 6000/- ,when the site shows it available for ~4.5k

And Reliance wants 3K to replace their HD DVR :confused: !

activity

Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
Good news. Got a Videocon d2h HD connection yesterday. No planning to add an HD DVR as well! Bye Bye Reliance :)

sanke1

Aug 1, 2005
Mumbai
Even Tata Sky is not that bad but selection of no. of HD channels is downright embarrassing.

armaanyounis

Regular
Regulars
Aug 26, 2007
I checked with Videocon. They don't seem to have the HD DVR in stock. Also, they say it costs 6000/- ,when the site shows it available for ~4.5k

And Reliance wants 3K to replace their HD DVR :confused: !

if you look carefully you will see that installation charges are extra so that brings the figure to 6000