• Thread starter Thread starter pomanup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,135

pomanup

Regular
ISP
Excitel
I have got a strange problem with my windows 7 pc. I can only download files of 2 Gb, not more than that. When I try to download files over 2GB like 4-5 GB, IDM downloads it but only shows size of 1.999 GB. Same is the case with chrome as well as firefox. I have got more than 50 gb space in my drive where I have put the download location. I even tried changing the download location, but to no avail.Does anybody know how to solve this. Much appreciated!

I have got a strange problem with my windows 7 pc. I can only download files of 2 Gb, not more than that. When I try to download files over 2GB like 4-5 GB, IDM downloads it but only shows size of 1.999 GB. Same is the case with chrome as well as firefox. I have got more than 50 gb space in my drive where I have put the download location. I even tried changing the download location, but to no avail.

Does anybody know how to solve this. Much appreciated!

What is the file system of your HDD? It could be the file system of your HDD which is the culprit. If it's FAT32, try converting it to NTFS. Although, FAT32 shouldn't be a problem as the individual file size limit of FAT32 is 4GB.

It is already NTFS......Don't know what to do. Tried everything possible.

Maybe you've tried this already. Do you use IDM across all the browsers? If yes, try downloading without IDM or use any other Download like FDM or Orbit.

Maybe because they all keep the downloads before completing them in temp folders in c drive and your c drive is almost used up?