Need advice on Dth! Please help

• Thread starter Thread starter Nick-D
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,714

Nick-D

ISP
BSNL 1350 Speed Upto 4 Mbps.
Hello all,I live in chandigarh in a rented apartment and i m a student. I would like to know which is the best dth provider and can be used with a pc. I want to have the tv in my pc only. i have a workable tv tuner but it does't have audio input sockets and i don't want the normal cable because it sucks here in chandigarh. I don't have much knowledge about this stuff so thats why i am requesting you to provide me with ur expert advice. Thank You,Nitin

Hello all,

I live in chandigarh in a rented apartment and i m a student. I would like to know which is the best dth provider and can be used with a pc. I want to have the tv in my pc only. i have a workable tv tuner but it does't have audio input sockets and i don't want the normal cable because it sucks here in chandigarh. I don't have much knowledge about this stuff so thats why i am requesting you to provide me with ur expert advice.

Thank You,
Nitin

PM to "Indianmascot" he is pro in dealing with DTH .Also you can browse DTH section here

Hello all,

I live in chandigarh in a rented apartment and i m a student. I would like to know which is the best dth provider and can be used with a pc. I want to have the tv in my pc only. i have a workable tv tuner but it does't have audio input sockets and i don't want the normal cable because it sucks here in chandigarh. I don't have much knowledge about this stuff so thats why i am requesting you to provide me with ur expert advice.

Thank You,
Nitin

Well you can opt for any DTH, go for D2h though I use Tata Sky. D2h currently has largest number of channels and there monthly rentals are also not very high. Yes the tv tuner you have is analog and you have to use RF connector to connect. From STB the RF output is bearable. Also check if your tv tuner has other connectivity like s-video.

Thank You for the replies. @ArmaanI really appreciate your reply. I will buy a RF connector. i am not sure if it has s-video connectivity but when i press the video button on the remote it shows s-video written at the top right corner of the monitor. So i m assuming that it does have s-video connectivity. I am a newbie in this so i apologize for askin the same thing again. Secondly i have heared bad reviews about the videocon d2h. please advice me if i should go for that or for Tata Sky. Regards,Nitin

Thank You for the replies.

@Armaan
I really appreciate your reply. I will buy a RF connector. i am not sure if it has s-video connectivity but when i press the video button on the remote it shows s-video written at the top right corner of the monitor. So i m assuming that it does have s-video connectivity. I am a newbie in this so i apologize for askin the same thing again. Secondly i have heared bad reviews about the videocon d2h. please advice me if i should go for that or for Tata Sky.

Regards,
Nitin

I am TataSky customer from almost the time it launched, but for some reason i find the packages are expensive and also channel addition is a let down due to delay in GSAT Satellite, hoping with frustration they add lot and lot of channels once the damn thing, if ever takes off.
Now coming to D2H, they recently added 20 channels just about a month back and packages are also quite reasonable.... in this forum you will find lot of positive reviews regarding D2H.

PS:- Your TV Tuner has S-Video, it is hard to guide you to use the same. Do let me know if you still want to give it a shot.