ACT Broadband - My experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Smokinjoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 15,165

Smokinjoe

ISP
ACT Broadband
The story----------I live in AECS layout, Bangalore. I was using BSNL Broadband 1Mbps Connection and one day when I return home I saw a pamphlet of ACT Broadband 10Mbps connection. I was excited and the same day I logged into their website and booked the connection.The very next day I received a call from the sales person, Venkatesh. He was very polite and told me that he can meet the same day itself but I asked to come on weekend. The next weekend he met me, collected documents, and 3 months advance payment check. Came around 3300 inclusive of taxes. We can take 1 month plan as well, but have to pay 500 for installation. For 3 or more months payment, installation is free. I asked him how long it will take to get the connection, he said promptly - 4 days. From the past forums in this site, i knew they were not going to come. I told take 7 days, come on next weekend at least. He said YES SIR DEFINITELY. And the day arrived, no signs at all. Even my check was not realized even. I called Venkatesh, and here comes the frustrating part, He is not picking the call. Tried at least 10 times, same result. Sent a message to him and after sometime I got message from ACT that my check is realized and thanks for the payment. Tried him the next day also, no response. Days went by, the next weekend came. Called him again not picking. Called ACT Customer care, (After holding the line for about 15 mins got connected to a representative) they registered a complaint number and offered me a call back. No one called back. That weekend also passed by, the next Friday morning I called him from my landline number and he picked the call. I couldn't control my temper, shouted on him. He says he was sick and was bed ridden due to back pain. SO?? Is that my problem? Whatever, he gave me the number of the network engineer at that area, Mr. Mukund. He told someone would come on Saturday. Till Saturday afternoon no one turned up, so called Mukund. Now he is not picking the call. Waaw..!! what a customer service.Called up Venkatesh from 3rd number (I had to shout gain), he picked the call and patched the call with Mukund. At last told some one would come next Saturday. And at last the next Saturday a guy came who was good and knows his job well. Checked the feasibility, Installed a box for which the power would be taken from my electricity connection. He completed his work in 2 hours and told that someone else will come to activate the connection. 2 guys came in 1 hr and did the rest of the work, and told that I will receive the Username password in 1 day. In 2 days I received it and the connection was activated. I have to tell you, once you get connected to this, the connection is awesome, I would say best in India. My connection was BB Premium - 10Mbps, FUP - 50GB. After FUP - 512 Kbps. 999+taxes / month. 50 Rs less / month for installing the box in my house. I did a speedtest - I was getting 10.1 Mbps Download and 10 Mbps Upload. Cool.!!! The best I used ever. Its been 2 weeks since I am using, never faced any problem or disconnection, which is awesome compared to BSNL.Specs of my connection------------------------Fiber Optic cable connected to the Box installed.Inside the box it gets connected to a Modem type of a unit which has a backup battery and from that unit RJ45 cable to the Computer in my room. From the box they can give 6 connections to nearby houses.They do provide Wireless Router for 1500/- but I preferred to get one of my own. Bought a Belkin Router for 2250/- which gives connectivity for my whole area of house with excellent signal.Downloaded 1.06 GB movie in 16 minutes.Never had a technical problem so cannot rate the customer care efficiency.Summary--------Prepare for the worst till you get the connection. Never believe the sales guy. They say 1 thing, does something else.Call them again and again and disturb them. Never be soft to them.Get ready for the best speed after you get the connection.Not sure whether they can give this speed and reliability once the number of subscribers increases. After all I am happy for choosing this connection, even though I had to struggle. Life isn't that easy right?=========================================================================================

i m using bsnl in fraser town bangalore and i m happy with it. i saw the site of act broadband and kind of got attracted with their plans. i saw their tarrifs and decided to take 2mbps plan till 30gb and then 512kbps ul. now i m doubtful about their feasibility in frasertown and consistency of plan and their service. anyone using act can reply?

used many broad band & wireless 3G service internet but this is awesome 5Mbps upload & download seed on broad band at Nellore is amazing.But for the charge(999) its the same for 10Mbps in Bangalore, the connection was applied on Saturday & bam its activated by Sunday evening, customer service & responsive nature of technicians is highly appreciated.. would recommend to my friends for sure if the charges made at par with Bangalore connections.. Thanks for ACT team for the efforts put in on Sunday to keep up the commitment... Cheers, Ramesh

Hi guys,I started this thread when I took ACT BB connection. Its been 8 months I am using it and here is my take on ACT.Atleast once in a month there was a disconnection. Mostly due to Fibre cuts (they say) . The resolution time is 2 days min. Once you see disconnection, call up the customer care immediately, as they say it would take 24 hours turn around time. So earlier the better. No use of waiting hoping it to get resolved by itself, it will never happen. Once you register a complaint, next day no one would come and the second day call up the Customer care again so that they will inform the engineer. They will come by evening and would fix the problem. The last connectivity problem happened on Dec 24th, so its been 1 month and counting. Hope to get no more issues further. Connectivity Speed is more than expected, fully satisfied. 1 GB movie in 10 minutes max. But I see the pinging time taken for a web page to open is not that impressive. It takes time to resolve the DNS of a website. I tried in another PC as well, same result. So effectively 15 MBps connection looks like 2 Mbps while browsing. But P2P downloads speed is impressive. Overall, the ACT BB connection is satisfactory for me. RegardsSmokinJoe

ACT is good.I have been using ACT from April last year.I will be posting a speedtest.net screenshot shortly.