Planning to dump my htc one x against samsung galaxy S3

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 4,166
Apple had a good marketer in Steve Jobs. Innovation, I would say they have done some but so have many others. Plus, the brain would have been paid for as salary/consultancy/whatever and then come the "profits"

How can 1 restart even if in a month, be a 'fantastic' job? I would hate my phone to restart without reason all on its own

That 1 "restart" was a result of 1 app misbehaving with ICS due to non-compatibility. i have installed arnd 150 Apps, so it's a good track record compared to my previous Android GB phone which required every week with not even 20 Apps installed

Anyway, back to the topic. HTC OneX is still relatively a new phone and I expect steady stream of software updates to wipe out most of the software issues like app crashing/incompatibility/camera performance. If you have spend that much money, stick to it for a while. If you downright have a faulty hardware, get it checked by the service centre.Upgrading to Samsung Galaxy SIII is not going to solve most of your problems when Samsung's touch wiz is even worse than HTC Sense. Samsung bundles their own app store when Google Play store is enough and capable. Such is the sad state when you give too much freedom to someone.Have you given a thought to Nokia Lumia 710? It's damn cheap and the OS is actually fun to use and should mix well with up comming Windows 8. (However don't expect it to be updated to WP8)

Apple vs Google again About apps, developer's are ready to pay 30% fee to apple as still they make better money due to good sales.. And they don't need to worry about hardware and resolution as it is same for all device as for Android one needs to do lot of testing to make sure app is working well on all devices.. Few days back they showed one device deloper with 400 different handset so consider how much time needs to spend on testing

You have actually raised a point raised by BB's Alec Saunders, who was also saying that developers have started looking beyond Android for the same reason. And he says BB10 as the answer - We will wait & watch on that part though 😀

actually more and more apps are going html5 only because of the Apple policies. and this is going to become even more popular because very few content providers can afford to give away 30% of revenues. how many business ventures do you think have the fiscal freedom of giving away 30% of margins to just the middleman? how much profit margin do you think ebook retailers or digital media stores have? ft.com is one good example. they only have a html5 app for the apple ios devices. and more publications are taking the same route. they just have to create one responsive version optimized for touch devices and they can serve multiple mobile platforms.

Apple vs Google again

About apps, developer's are ready to pay 30% fee to apple as still they make better money due to good sales.. And they don't need to worry about hardware and resolution as it is same for all device as for Android one needs to do lot of testing to make sure app is working well on all devices.. Few days back they showed one device deloper with 400 different handset so consider how much time needs to spend on testing

Apart from that, the point you are missing is Piracy. Casual piracy is too easy on Android compared to Apple.

Most of the app developer work in small team who don't have large capital for testing.. If we compare sales figures for paid app is better on iOs than android so if i am achieving good sales on this platforms I don't mind paying 30%Privacy is major concern.. And there are many people who are concerns about the same

Finally bought s3. Who says one x is better phone than s3? I say both are equally skilled but one x requires some seroius updates to give away it's flaws. I did not sell my one x instead bought s3 as well. Now keeping octacore in my both pockets:Boy Phone:

You see only pen tile arrangement once you bring eyes very close to s3. Tats the diff between one x and s3. Well no body else can judge better as aim using both

You see only pen tile arrangement once you bring eyes very close to s3. Tats the diff between one x and s3. Well no body else can judge better as aim using both

HaHa. One has to bring it very close,upto the tip of Nose to see the difference, Nobody uses that close a Mobile Phone

same applies to Apple and their users. personally, i prefer supporting google over apple. it's a matter of choice.

Couldn't agree more .... Google over Android :Boy Thumb Up:

I still like my One X more than any other phone available in the market, including the S3 🙂