Apple iOS

A bit offtopic & may have been discussed elsewhere before in the forum : I had read that some (or is it most) apps require some BB Plan for them to work... What about getting one & using it for just 2G or 3G (I know one argument is that no point in getting a BB if you dont intend to use the whole office mail thing), Does that (still) hold true

If i rem correctly, you should be able to sync Nokia suite with MS Outlook. Check Tools. From Outlook you can export to any format. Even thunderbird will also work, i guess.

please read my posts 🙁

Nokia suite is exporting partial data to external apps.

i tried using thunderbird and windows contacts.

i do not have outlook installed so i did not try out that option.

A bit offtopic & may have been discussed elsewhere before in the forum : I had read that some (or is it most) apps require some BB Plan for them to work... What about getting one & using it for just 2G or 3G (I know one argument is that no point in getting a BB if you dont intend to use the whole office mail thing), Does that (still) hold true

You can still use the phone without getting blackberry internet services ( which would constitute bbm and mail, there may be other services too) activated.

I guess you could try setting up Google Sync on the Nokia to backup the contacts from the Nokia device directly to Google account. Then setup Google Sync on iPhone to get the contacts in that device. That way you font have to type in all contacts manually.

This link might help for the setup on the Nokia phone:
http://thehandheldblog.com/2009/02/10/how-to-sync-your-mobile-contacts-with-your-google-account-for-free/

This is only a one time issue. Once you have the contacts on the iPhone and they are backed up to iCloud you don't have to worry about it again. Next time even if you restore your phone, your contacts will automatically be downloaded from
iCloud.

please read my posts 🙁

Nokia suite is exporting partial data to external apps.

i tried using thunderbird and windows contacts.

i do not have outlook installed so i did not try out that option.

um, Outlook works for me! Anyway, did you try this NbuExplorer | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net ? You'll have option to export as .vcf, which you can import to Win Mail and sync with iTunes.

i would check out both of these methods tonight i guess. as for the iPhone. i think Apple is only allowing syncing with one service at one time. so i can either connect it to google contacts or apple icloud which is a shame.

5.1 is out. Though OTA is giving me an error after half the download is done.

Updated 2 4S, 1 iPad 1 and 1 4

no problems

what is "1 4"??

updated my iPod touch. but on iPods iOS updates hardly matters, as they do on other Idevices. as Apple had made it's policy clear last year by not releasing any new version of an iPod. they want people to buy iPhones to listen to music and not buy iPod as a standalone device. in a few years, they can shut down the production too, if the annual iterations of iPods are not released