You connection

• Thread starter Thread starter arvdes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,940

arvdes

ISP
BSNL
I'm thinking of opting for Hurricane YOU 12-1mbps planI wanted to ask how do they provide connectionIs their cable underground or is it spread over the neighborhood building rooftops ?They have cleared my home as connection possible I only have to apply online ?I'll definitely get a connection right ?

1) Connection speed is decent .. Do not expect 12mbps speed , be happy with 3 - 5 mpbs at max while you are still on 25gbs after fup plan speed is 1mbps ...2) They provide you with a modem .. I think they take some 750/- rs as refundable deposit .. means if you terminate your connection you return their modem back to them and they give you the security deposit for modem ..3) I think wires are not underground and are just like how reliance , tata etc provide you ie on building rooftops ..4) You can pay via cheque .. I use cheques and not a credit card ..5) I dont know if you will get a connection . If they have said they can provide in your area then you will get a connection .

Hy, I am also looking to switch. The local dealers of YOU are saying that they will charge Rs800 One time CHarge (OTC) PLUS Rs. 715 installation. They said with OTC charge they will provide "Box" with which you will get full speed and fiber optic cable. They are saying that they will give me cable directly no modem therefore no modem security deposit. However these charges cannot be seen on YOU's website is this a scam by the dealer? I live in Kondhwa, Pune.@gaurav Also, I am currently on BSNL 1350, FUP is not great i run out in 2weeks BUT its stable with little or no downtime. With YOU not providing the said speeds is it worth switching?@gaurav did you complain about not getting the said speeds? Did they sort it out?

The FUP is not great here either . 25 GB gets over in few days ... whats good is that we still get 1mbps unlimited after that ...Their connection was down every 4 - 5 days for 10 hours at a stretch last month begining .. They seem to have sorted that hopefully as I havent really faced any downtime since past 2 weeks ...Well I am not bothered about the speed because they have their excuses ready ... Im happy with what I get right now as its not that bad .. its not exactly 12mbps but say 1/2 or 1/3 rd of that ..P.S- My name is not gaurav , it is gaurang ..

I am a happy customer of YOU BB for the past 4 years now. Initially, I thought paying Rs 60 a month as 'modem rental' would be cheap, but knowing that I'll stick with them made me buy one outright saving me a few bucks in the future. I stay at Vashi, Navi Mumbai and the support is great. My modem is hooked on to the inverter in the house so even when there is a power outage, I'm still connected. Their customer service says '24 working hours' for any issue resolution, but I've really not had a bad time with them. I started using this YOU Hurricane pack that you're talking about and it is great. They do not give you 12Mbps constant to Indian servers, but get about 50-60% of the speed. Which is not a bad thing knowing that you have some bandwidth at your disposal if it has not exhausted. You renew online and you get 10% discount on the total pack (I pay about 1035 something bucks) and also get 12% additional usage. So net-net, I get 28GB@12Mbps and thereafter 1Mbps, which is really not that bad a deal knowing they are quite good in the area. Go for the modem rental for the first 2-3 months to see how the broadband behaves in terms of uptime, etc and then just buy the router @1500 bucks. You'll save a ton of cash and use it to renew your account 🙂tl;drRenew connection online to get discount. Buy modem outright. Extremely satisfied with uptime. Shit customer support reps. Worth the money

I didint understand the additional usage thing .. If you renew online I know you get 10% discount on actual bill but they have also started giving 12% more GBs on renewling online ?? If this is what you mean to say then its super great ..

Hy guys i have shifted to YOU, i have Hurricane plan, up till now i am impressed i am getting 12Mbps constant and upto 1mb dwld speed on torrent. I do not have a Modem it just a Cable coming into my room from their box in my building. They are however not providing power backup so i loose internet during power cuts. Besides that till now it is great, hopefully stays the same.@chetanthaker please clarify the online renewal option. Thanks

thank you @all

I too had got fed up with bsnl . Those morons haven't changed any plan in like 8 years.

They have still got 1mbps till 100gb connection for around 2400Rs. I mean WTH!

I was already paying upto 850Rs for my 512Kbps unlimited connection so 1000Rs. for YOU 12Mbps was a no brainer.

So finally got the YOU broadband connection . A very good service was provided in contrast to what people are saying .

I paid online cause I thought it was safe and faster method.

Their people were at my house the next day . There was some problem with extending the line from a neighboring building which delayed my connection but they handled it very nicely.

I get constant 1.3MBps download speed anytime. which is very good cause ideal 12Mbps connection should be 1.5Mbps .

https://www.speedtest.net

Hy guys i have shifted to YOU, i have Hurricane plan, up till now i am impressed i am getting 12Mbps constant and upto 1mb dwld speed on torrent. I do not have a Modem it just a Cable coming into my room from their box in my building. They are however not providing power backup so i loose internet during power cuts.

Besides that till now it is great, hopefully stays the same.

@chetanthaker please clarify the online renewal option. Thanks

So you get a 10% monetary discount on the overall package that you opt for. Also, you get 12% additional usage on the pack that you select. So for a YOU Hurricane package with 25GB @12Mbps, I get 28GB @12Mbps and then 1Mbps unlimited after that. This is applicable only to online renewals.

Hope that answers your question.