BSNL Internet Getting Disconnected Every Minute

• Thread starter Thread starter mashbro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 13,048

mashbro

ISP
BSNL
Hello guys! I'm quite new here and this is my first post here. I'm using BSNL broadband, plan ULD 625. It's been around 1 month since I got the connection. But still, the connection isn't much stable and Internet keeps disconnecting every other minute. Here are some details:> iBall Baton ADSL2+ Router> Using Wi-Fi with a USB Dongle on a desktop> 192.168.1.1 configured with PPoE connection method> WLAN blinking all the time> ADSL gets cut frequently and thus Internet signal also gets cutI'm kind of frustrated about this because when the Internet gets disconnected, it takes a 3 minutes gap to get connected again. I have to do a lot of things to make that happen again. I've been trying to get help from BSNL through 1504 and several other numbers and I've even gone to BSNL exchange to complain about this and nothing much happened. I've asked the line man about this stuff, and he says it's the issue with the splitter, which I am pretty sure is in well working condition. All the hardware is pretty much new, and they've been tested with my neighbours connection and it worked all fine. The wiring is fine as well. I still can't figure out what's wrong with this. Please help!

Hello, I joined to this forum to post a similar problem, and of course to participate in other discussions, so instead of starting a new thread, I'm going to post here.The first thing is that in my case, this doesn't happen all the time, but it happens very often, at least 4 times a week, throughout the day.The reason that this happens is because the dsl light on the modem does not stay on continuously, but it flickers. The reason is still beyond my understanding.As you mentioned, the line man either blames it on the exchange, or my internal wiring.But one thing that I've noticed is that if the land line is in use, the dsl light, and the connection, stays on continuously, although I may have to restart the modem after prolonged use.I'm hoping that someone may be able to shed some light as to why this may be the case, that is, why does the land line in use help keep the dsl light stable.Apologies if I should have created my own thread for this issue, let me know and I shall.

Hello, I joined to this forum to post a similar problem, and of course to participate in other discussions, so instead of starting a new thread, I'm going to post here.
The first thing is that in my case, this doesn't happen all the time, but it happens very often, at least 4 times a week, throughout the day.
The reason that this happens is because the dsl light on the modem does not stay on continuously, but it flickers. The reason is still beyond my understanding.
As you mentioned, the line man either blames it on the exchange, or my internal wiring.
But one thing that I've noticed is that if the land line is in use, the dsl light, and the connection, stays on continuously, although I may have to restart the modem after prolonged use.
I'm hoping that someone may be able to shed some light as to why this may be the case, that is, why does the land line in use help keep the dsl light stable.
Apologies if I should have created my own thread for this issue, let me know and I shall.
It is fine. As we both are searching solutions for the same problem, this thread is enough. 🙂

- - - Updated - - -

Line stats please. Bsnl in Delhi ?

Hi x720, thanks for replying. I haven't done a line stats check before, and I wasn't able to understand much while searching on it.
I did gather that you need to know your modem and enter your modem / routers i.p address, but I couldn't find the information.
I'm using a D-Link GLB -802C modem, that's connected to a Netgear WGR614 v6 wireless router.
Any idea how I should go about finding my line stats?
Any yes, the connection is of BSNL / MTNL Delhi.

BSNL is not the same as MTNL.Yes, you need to log in to your D-Link. try logging in using the ip 192.168.1.1, username as admin and password as either admin or password or leave it blank.

BSNL is not the same as MTNL.

Yes, you need to log in to your D-Link. try logging in using the ip 192.168.1.1, username as admin and password as either admin or password or leave it blank.

Okay, I did not know that. I'm with MTNL Delhi. For some reason I always thought the MTNL was in the metro cities, and BSNL was everywhere else. 🙂

Okay so I did manage to finally get the stats, wasn't easy, but can't say that I didn't enjoy the mission.
Not sure how to directly upload images on the forum, so here's a link.

http://postimage.org/image/elvkeqrvh/

And thanks for replying.

You're right, but they are two very different companies when it comes to plans and pricing .

Now, your line does seem alright. Is there any noise in the landline ?

On a side note, if complaining at the exchange doesn't work, send an email to deadsl@bol.net.in 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback on the line stats.
There doesn't seem to be 'too' much of a line problem, however, the noise ranges from insignificant to noticeable, but never unbearable.
I have complained about it but they usually put it on me saying that it's an internal issue, or there's carbon in the wiring.

I went through the forums, and there seem to be a substantial number of individuals facing this issue.
I wonder why the ISP hasn't figured out how to deal with this if so many people experience this problem.

And thanks for the e-mail, I'm going to write to them in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have parallel telephone wiring in your home , you need to use a splitter in each room , not just in the room where you have placed your modem.I had a similar issue in my home.The line used to get noisy and internet disconnected on picking the landline from a different room without a splitter. The line man couldnt help me much.It all got sorted on attatching splitters in all rooms.

If you have parallel telephone wiring in your home , you need to use a splitter in each room , not just in the room where you have placed your modem.
I had a similar issue in my home.The line used to get noisy and internet disconnected on picking the landline from a different room without a splitter. The line man couldnt help me much.It all got sorted on attatching splitters in all rooms.

What's interesting that in my case, it's when you pick up the land line, put it in use, i.e off the hook, the internet remains stable.
In any case, what you mention is a new idea to me so I'm definitely going to look into it.

All landline phones should be after the splitter. Engaging the line is similar to disconnecting it. This might be the reason.

I don't have a parallel wiring. And my phone line is all fine. But the connection is still getting disconnected frequently. Is this normal for a few months? And the connection gets disconnected even when a call is made from the land-line telephone.

I don't have a parallel wiring. And my phone line is all fine. But the connection is still getting disconnected frequently. Is this normal for a few months? And the connection gets disconnected even when a call is made from the land-line telephone.

Disconnection is mainly line issues. Check for a line with no joints or non insulated parts.