Is there a change in service?

• Thread starter Thread starter sarath_031
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,923

sarath_031

ISP
BSNL
I searched for reviews about beam fiber broadband service on google and i only found reviews posted about 1-3 years ago and i just wanted to know, is there a change in the customer service and is there an improvement in the service and the repair of the problems. How much is the downtime in kukatpally and if the service is not improved, should i go for airtel or any other broadband service.

Well i had a few downtimes this month (2 to be exact- Problem was rectified within 4 hours after calling Customer care) So i should say it improved significantly.I was told downtime was due to my neighbors switching off the power to FTTB box on their building by mistake.Getting speeds as promised. No throttling.And even sites like vimeo and other filesharing and video streaming sites ,which were blocked on other ISPs ,were not blocked on beam.

Service is excellent. Haven't had any interruptions all thru March and April but had a couple of 1 hour downtimes in May. Speeds are just like they advertise. And as bobbyguitarist said, no sites were blocked apart from TPB. TPB has changed its servers and IP now and so even that can be accessed now. I don't use any of the sites that are blocked by other ISPs but a couple of friends wanted me to test it out, so thats how I know none of the sites are blocked by Beam...AS YET.

my speed test result are:

Which plan are you in? that speed is too low. Call customer care everyday even if they say 24hrs time is required. call them everyday till your problem is solved,

-Browsing is good.-Speedtest is just fine.-Download speed is horrible.Well, don't you think its the server of the file download that could be the issue? Use IDM and try downloading. It should max out your download speed.

Your speedtest result from the mumbai server was just fine. You should try downloading a heavily seeded torrent and check if its maxing out your download speed.

browsing looks good, but speed test result are not good, downloading from Microsoft, Oracle/Sun, HP etc is not working...

100% some thing is wrong with the Beam.

i have escalated to BEAM mgmt, let see what they got to do now.

I too had faced a somewhat similar problem with HNS. Browsing speed was good, but i coudn't download a single file. the Technicians came and took 1 Whole day to change some settings On terrace and Fiddled around with the Switch.

So in your case too,the technicians will have to resolve from your End