Is there a change in service?

sarath_031

[OP]
Jun 1, 2012
I searched for reviews about beam fiber broadband service on google and i only found reviews posted about 1-3 years ago and i just wanted to know, is there a change in the customer service and is there an improvement in the service and the repair of the problems. How much is the downtime in kukatpally and if the service is not improved, should i go for airtel or any other broadband service.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
Well i had a few downtimes this month (2 to be exact- Problem was rectified within 4 hours after calling Customer care) So i should say it improved significantly.I was told downtime was due to my neighbors switching off the power to FTTB box on their building by mistake.Getting speeds as promised. No throttling.And even sites like vimeo and other filesharing and video streaming sites ,which were blocked on other ISPs ,were not blocked on beam.

powerwatts

Regular
Regulars
Nov 16, 2011
Hyderabad
Service is excellent. Haven't had any interruptions all thru March and April but had a couple of 1 hour downtimes in May. Speeds are just like they advertise. And as bobbyguitarist said, no sites were blocked apart from -- link removed --. -- link removed -- has changed its servers and IP now and so even that can be accessed now. I don't use any of the sites that are blocked by other ISPs but a couple of friends wanted me to test it out, so thats how I know none of the sites are blocked by Beam...AS YET.

msingh

Regular
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
now a days some thing is wrong, i have been unable to download any thing? getting 10 or 20 Kb/s... browsing seems to be normal. already escalated to customer care, let see what they have to say?

msingh

Regular
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
my speed test result are:

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
my speed test result are:

Which plan are you in? that speed is too low. Call customer care everyday even if they say 24hrs time is required. call them everyday till your problem is solved,

msingh

Regular
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
Im in B600 where I should 1 Mbps but some thing is wrong for last 4 days. I have been already raising complaint for every day and as usual they are closing without any resolution.

Today's speed test is

Let me add one point here, that this is first time when I am facing this problem in last one year. Dont know what's wrong.

msingh

Regular
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
Here is the result from Mumbai

but results are not concern here, browsing looks good but downloading sucks right now.....

Im trying to download Chrome Vanilla OS for last three days and getting less than 10 Kbps