• Thread starter Thread starter DNA_Uncut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,381

DNA_Uncut

Regular
ISP
BSNL Broadband
The recent 3G tariff war has witnessed involvement of almost all telecom operator in making 3G service more affordable in India. This time, its State-run telecom operator BSNL who is all set to reduce its 3G data rates. BSNL has added new prepaid 3G Data pack of Rs.151 with 7 days validity offering 1000 MB free data usage. BSNL has also rationalized 3G prepaid data vouchers and postpaid data plans which will be effective from this 1st June 2012. BSNL 3G Data coupon of Rs.25 (validity 3 days) will now offer 100 MB data usage compared to earlier 50 MB. BSNL 3G Data Coupon of Rs.50 has been made more attractive by increasing free data usage from 100 MB to 200 MB ; and validity from 7 days to 15 days. Similarly, BSNL 3G Data Coupon of Rs.100 will allow free data usage of 300 MB instead of 225 MB; and validity increased from 15 days to 30 days. Postpaid 3G customers can get Rs.100 plan at Rs.90 p.m.

As promotional offer for 90 days, BSNL will offer 25% extra bundled free usage in selected Data plan or Voucher. The 3G 300 and 3G 500 data vouchers will get extra 25% data usage during promotion period i.e. 1250 MB and 2500 MB respectively. The MRP of these 3G vouchers also has been reduced to Rs.250 and Rs.450 respectively. These two 3G plans are also available to postpaid customers at fixed monthly cost of Rs.220 and Rs.400 respectively. The additional usage charges beyond free data usage limit for BSNL 2G and BSNL 3G prepaid data plan/voucher and data usage charges for prepaid voice plans revised from 4p per 10kb to 2p per 10 kb. BSNL has also decided to withdraw existing 3G vouchers of Rs.10 and Rs.200.

* Plans effective from June 1 2012

good move 😀

Unless the service is not efficiently delivered, what is the use of expanding service bouquet. I have recently taken a bsnl 3g sim and tried their Rs.25/- package valid for 3 days. I am lucky I am not duped into a costlier package because the connectivity is so unstable and abysmally low. So low that I could not exhaust the use cap of mere 100 mb in 3 days ! My advice: never go for BSNL if you should take a 3g connection. Go for Vodafone or Airtel. I have very satisfactory experience with Vodafone at least. About Bsnl customer service - the less said, the better.

Unless the service is not efficiently delivered, what is the use of expanding service bouquet. I have recently taken a bsnl 3g sim and tried their Rs.25/- package valid for 3 days. I am lucky I am not duped into a costlier package because the connectivity is so unstable and abysmally low. So low that I could not exhaust the use cap of mere 100 mb in 3 days ! My advice: never go for BSNL if you should take a 3g connection. Go for Vodafone or Airtel. I have very satisfactory experience with Vodafone at least. About Bsnl customer service - the less said, the better.

It's seems you don't know more about GSM/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA technology/capability.

Kindly post your location along with what type of signal you got in your modem. Many user already use BSNL 3G network with MTNL Delhi/Mumbai plan in different city.

Even after price slash no one can beat AIRCEL.. Long live Aircel! 😛

I reside at Uttarpara area in the district of Hooghly, W.B. In my data card I use the option of 'WCDMA only'. I do get connected to BSNL 3g network. But the signal strength is either extremely low (say one/two bars indicating). The connection is unstable and the speed actually comes by fits and starts, but droops mostly at 3-20 kbps download speed. Incidentally I have used the same data card with Vodafone or Airtel SIM. Here I get excellent uniform download speed. The customer care personnel when contacted refuse to take any onus of low connectivity.

^ I think we all know about BSNL customer care. Some bitch answered my call when i called customercare to disconnect our BSNL landline. She was very rude and was saying that the customer has to go to bsnl office to surrender the landline. I said go fcuk yourself. That landline is with us till date. BSNL then wonders why customers are shifting to other ISPs. You can't get any work done in BSNL unless you know some higher up's number