Google Nexus 7

• Thread starter Thread starter rajadeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 18,019
How much memory would suffice your needs by the way?

Well, I have the 32 gb iPad and it's definitely not enough. Not even close. So I'd think 32gb would be the minimum I'd need.

You should not be complaining as they are following iPads strategy to begin with.

Why?

Google wants you to buy the more expansive version because that’s when it makes money on the sale.

Sound familiar? It should do, because this is exactly how Apple works with the iPad.
Apple offers the iPad in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models, with $100 price jump between each.
However, it costs Apple less than $20 to bump the storage from 16GB to 32GB and about $35 to bump it from 32GB to 64GB.

So Google has adopted Apple’s strategy or charging a premium for higher storage capacities,
and forces people’s hands by not offering a cheap storage expansion option via micro SD card.

Source: Here

The problem is that people who don't like Apple's strategy come to google. Anyways 249 is still a pretty good price point. Will this be available in the UK and when?

USD 199 for 8GB. USD 149 for 16GB. It is launching in four markets I think... USA, UK, Canada and Australia. The problem is that the prices are going to be higher in UK. I heard 149 and 199 pounds for the two variants. I can try out a UK based VPN for you? 😀

please do if possible. the rupee is totally f$%$ed. Pound has reached ~89. 16gb would come out to ~18k

USD 199 is around 128 Pounds.

i am sort of surprised that google is using the smartphone ui for nexus 7 compared to the tablet ui. i guess they believe 7" is not large enough for the smartphone ui. or have they changed the tablet ui with jelly bean? 😕

Nokia is playing Apple :biggrin:

Nexus 7 tablet infringes on our patent, claims Nokia

Actually Nokia has been playing apple even before apple started playing apple 😛 ... I think around the time when 3GS was launched nokia sued apple for many industry essential patent that apple was using, a case that was settled out of court... I think apple pays $6 or $9 per iPhone to nokia coz of that... I think one of the reason why I dont find apple's suing to protect its patent ridiculous is coz it is mostly suing for patents that are not actually industry standard... One of the most imp patents apple holds that almost everyone uses is Multitouch... But even though apple has sued companies like samsung,HTC,Motorola etc etc based on other patents like unlocking of lock screen & basic design, it has not once in any case brought up the multitouch patent... Frankly speaking every company might have to pay Apple to use multitouch in their devices later on(why apple hasnt made them already do that is past me)... So its all well & dandy for some blind android nut to abuse apple defending its patents , one could just stop for a sec or two & just wonder which patents apple is suing for & which it isnt suing for...

PS on topic Cant w8 for the Nexus 7 to be launched in India 😀... Hope they have a better price this time around coz Asus really fked up the transformer tablet price when it launched it in India... If it doesn't my parents are gonna be visiting US in sept-oct so might most probably ask them to pick up from there 😀 ...

PSS I was wondering why I had an option of closing this thread while writing this post... then later realized I actually started this thread so I have that option 😀 ... For a sec there I thought I had been given mod privileges 😛 ...

When its that essential, it comes under fair, reasonable and non discriminatory use. Motorola owns patents for UMTS. does Nokia pay for those?

Yes sir. These are part of FRAND and everyone pays these no questions asked. Only the ones out of FRAND are the ones which usually attract legal disputes