• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 11,407
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsh

ISP
Reliance 3G
Hi Guys,I am New on BroadBandForum.In My only Hope for My Problem, 🙁Okay Now the Matter is My Reliance 3G Speed,I live in an Area Where there is No Wired Internet Connection Available, (Farms out of Patiala City)So i Bought a Reliance 3G Sim + DatacardThere was No Signal of Reliance 3G in My Area (I didnt knew it 😉 )Well somehow i got Succes in Signal issue by Using a Dish Antenna and a 3m USB Cable With my Usb modem.In These two Months i was Getting Speed of 12-16 Mbps on 21.6 Mbps Modem, (Data Plan 15 GB for Rs 1300, Expensive 🙁 )Well About Seven Days Ago My Speed Suddenly Decreased,And now i am Getting Max Speed of 512kb on 21.6 Mbps Modem :'(I thought that must be Problem with Reliance Servers,But 5 Days Ago i Noticed that My 3g Speed was 5Mbps in Patiala City on 7.2 Mbps Samsung Galaxy Ace Mobile Phone,So i told Customer Care About My Problem They Just made Complaints and No Action were Taken,They told me that i'll get a Call from Technical Support But nothing At allEven Deadline of 3 Days Passed and My Speed is Still not Approaching More than 512kbSolutions I've Tried: Switching ComputerReinstalling WindowsSwitching ModemSwitching USB CableSwitching Sim Card (Not to Another Operator, Just tried using another Reliance 3G Sim Card)Well Now You Guys are My only Hope Because i am Tired of Asking Reliance About My Problem,My Reliance 3G Sim No.: +917307343893My Area: 16 KM From PatialaMax Signal I Was Getting: 98%If anyone Faced Same Problem in Past Please Let me Know!Sorry if my English is not Well to Understand!ThankYou

For how many days are u having this problem??

The cellsite which was earlier connected might have developed some glitch or you are getting connected to some other Cell site which is quite distant and not able to fetch 3G signals.Check the speed and coverage in outdoor. Don't rely on CC. Escalate it to higher authority. CC was not able to resolve my simple Uploading Issue, then yours is very complicated one .

I went to Reliance MB World in Patiala,They told me that there is no 3G Coverage in my Area Whereas I am Getting 5 Bars of HSPA+ Here,I asked them to Test my Data Card on their own PC, and it Just Approached the Speed of 2kb to 200kb,Whereas that Reliance MB World is too far from my Area,So matter Could be With My Sim Card?Like its Not Co-Operating With Some 3G Towers (Rude Sim)? (We can Say that)If they Didnt Solve my Problem i'll Beat em! Simple!and i'll Unlock my ZTE MF668 to use With BSNL 3G!I am Not Gonna Pay Rs.1300+ for 300-400 KbpsEdit: Is there anyway to Know the Name of the Tower from Where i am Getting HSPA Signals?

This kind of information can be provided by BSNL field engineer who would be handling their tower operations .

Can You Suggest me a Good 3G Service Provider Upto 21 Mbps?Signals of HSPA i Get HereVodafone (Not Launched in Punjab)Idea (Not Launched)DocomoBSNLRelianceAirtel (Dont Know How)Also Please Tell me Best Tarrif Plans

Almost everyone has the same plans. Unless of course you get an mtnl sim and use it on bsnl's network.

I think MTNL is not available in Punjaband MTNL only Provides 3.1 Mbpsand switching to 3.6 from 21.6 (1.5mbps from 14mbps average) is like going in old age internetUpdate: My speed increased to 2.5 mbps

Yes, but roaming is free on bsnl, so whatever is bsnl's speed in your area, is what you'll get. You'll have to get the sim from ncr or Mumbai though.

No 3G Service Provider will provide you speed greater than 5-6 mbps evenif they claim 21 mbps. Experimenting MTNL as roaming would be good but speed will not cross 3 mbps. So, it you are getting 2.5 mpbs then enjoy. Otherwise wait for Idea 3G to be launched. Only they can provide speed greater than 3 mbps.Also, From May onwards Reliance 4G will launch which will be another costly solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.