Good Broadband Provider in Vikaspuri, New Delhi - Disconnecting Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter spyder0109
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 14,092

spyder0109

ISP
Airtel
Hi Guys,I just asked the Airtel guys to disconnect my broadband connection, as I was sick of buying smartbytes post FUP and their incredibly low FUPs.Please suggest me a good ISP in and around Vikaspuri, New Delhi area.

Mtnl :d

i have 3 friends in delhi who have mtnl at their home . two of them get great pings and very low downtimes . one of them living in defense colony gets frequent disconnections of 10-15 secs every 30 mins . if you are not into online gaming , MTNL is the best ISP for any area of Delhi .

Whats your budget?Do you have reliance/you/spectranet available in your area?If you live in housing colony, try to enquire whether MTNL plans to play down fiber there in the foreseeable future.

My budget is below 1,000 bucks and I'm ok with FUP ranging 30-50GBs. I have applied spectra net and MTNL, for new connection but not sure which is best. And I'm not into gaming. Only browsing, YouTube and a lot of video calling on Facebook and gtalk.

R u sure spectranet is available in west delhi..coz wen i called them and told them im living in west delhi..they said we r not there and hung up the phone...i also stay in west delhi near hari nagar..and i also checked reliance which is also not available in my area..so tat leaves me with only 1 option MTNL..

I just got a call from Airtel's disconnection team and they offered me another plan in which, i'm getting 15GB FUP with 500 calls free at 2mbps for 999 bucks.I have said ok for this plan as of now. Should I go with this plan?More importantly, in my past 7 years of Airtel, disruptions have been less than 10 in number and I doubt reliability like that from MTNL.Yes, the sales team of Spectranet hasnt got back to me, so I doubt they will offer SpectraNet here.

well the problem with special plans is that they might apply it for you for a couple of months and after that it might stop working. it is just a trap to keep you as a customer. my suggestion would be to find an official plan that works for you or move. verbal plans offered on the phones are unreliable because they can kill it and migrate you to another plan in most cases without intimating you.

I just got a call from Airtel's disconnection team and they offered me another plan in which, i'm getting 15GB FUP with 500 calls free at 2mbps for 999 bucks.
I have said ok for this plan as of now. Should I go with this plan?
More importantly, in my past 7 years of Airtel, disruptions have been less than 10 in number and I doubt reliability like that from MTNL.

Yes, the sales team of Spectranet hasnt got back to me, so I doubt they will offer SpectraNet here.

i have asked many people who use MTNL..they havent reported any major faults ..its working fine for them and speed is good too..if many people speak positively about mtnl..there must be something right..

The thing is if mtnl is good in your area, it'll work for you, but that may not hold true for another area. Hence, the mixed opinions.

At first I want to congratulate u for dumping the crap called Airtel. I am not a big fan of cable broadband cause to make it always on connection u need to buy a router. But cause cable broadband gives u high speed so I am currently using Alliance in Kolkata.U guys are lucky to have mtnl at Delhi. It's very good..so grab it.

I see a lot of fan following for MTNL in this forum. Have booked online but nobody has called me back 🙁 I am looking for 800 combo plan, as I use internet late at nights only.In addition, airtel has not accepted my disconnection request; even if retention department calls up, I cant and wont settle for less than 30gb FUP under 1000 bucks.

Honest advice: Dont go with airtel even if they provide 1TB FUP in 500 rupees. It is because they will change it back in a month or so and the u will be stuck up with the old plan.Better start looking for good alternatives and stick to a new service provider

I see a lot of fan following for MTNL in this forum. Have booked online but nobody has called me back 🙁 I am looking for 800 combo plan, as I use internet late at nights only.

In addition, airtel has not accepted my disconnection request; even if retention department calls up, I cant and wont settle for less than 30gb FUP under 1000 bucks.
I will advise u to tell them that you won't pay for the bill after a date and if they still do not accept the disconnection u can tell that u are moving to a new location due to your job and u just don't need broadband here cause u already got an wireless dongle....tell them that and just notice what they reply.