Vodafone introduces new 3G tariff rates

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 13,096
Its updated long back. All new changes in prepaid only. Check again . In Mumbai, 10 GB @ 1501& In kolkata12 GB @ 1599

I am sorry but I think you are not getting me.

I am pointing to the disparity between the pay-as-you-go rates, not of any bulk data packs.

The pay-as-you-go rates for 3G are now 2p/10kb. In other words, 2 Rs. per one full megabyte.

However, when you see Mobile Connect - Internet through Mobile | Vodafone Mumbai , you will realise that the pay-as-you-go rates are still 10p/10kb for 2G!!!!!! This does not make sense. 2G data usage charges too should be reduced. Although I know packs will help me get more value for money, I cannot imagine paying 10 Rs. for one full megabyte if I have only rare and low usage.(I am a Vodafone postpaid customer in Mumbai and I usually connect through Wi-Fi and do not require internet connectivity while travelling/outdoors).

A few quotes from the said webpage which will help you understand what I am pointing you to:

".....................VL-VMC & iPhone bearer (GPRS) has now been made a core service for Consumer postpaid & Usage will be charged at 10p/10kb.............................."

".....................Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect services are core services which will be active in your account by default. The usage charges for the service will be 10p/10KB if not subscribed to any promotional offer..............................................." (visible after scrolling down the page a bit)

I do not understand the reasoning behind this.

I am sorry but I think you are not getting me.

I am pointing to the disparity between the pay-as-you-go rates, not of any bulk data packs.

The pay-as-you-go rates for 3G are now 2p/10kb. In other words, 2 Rs. per one full megabyte.

However, when you see Mobile Connect - Internet through Mobile | Vodafone Mumbai , you will realise that the pay-as-you-go rates are still 10p/10kb for 2G!!!!!! This does not make sense. 2G data usage charges too should be reduced. Although I know packs will help me get more value for money, I cannot imagine paying 10 Rs. for one full megabyte if I have only rare and low usage.(I am a Vodafone postpaid customer in Mumbai and I usually connect through Wi-Fi and do not require internet connectivity while travelling/outdoors).

A few quotes from the said webpage which will help you understand what I am pointing you to:

".....................VL-VMC & iPhone bearer (GPRS) has now been made a core service for Consumer postpaid & Usage will be charged at 10p/10kb.............................."

".....................Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect services are core services which will be active in your account by default. The usage charges for the service will be 10p/10KB if not subscribed to any promotional offer..............................................." (visible after scrolling down the page a bit)

The 2p/10kb charge is only valid once you've exhausted your data pack.

I do not understand the reasoning behind this.

Really? Its simple! loot the people into buying data packs ! Vodafone is one sly ass****.

Where can you see the pay as you go rates for 3g for Mumbai? I cant seem to see it

They are given in the news story which you linked to(assuming the pay-as-you-go(PAYG) tariff is uniform throughout India). Have a look at the first row in this table(contained in that article): http://im.tech2.in.com/gallery/2012/jun/vodafone_tariffs_final_191710019486.jpg

The 2p/10kb charge is only valid once you've exhausted your data pack.

Once again, no, I am NOT talking about data pack overage charges.......as said above, please see the first row in the new tarrifs' table given in the news story, which is for PAY-AS-YOU-GO(PAYG).

It is exactly THIS that is beyond my understanding, since now 3G PAYG is cheaper than 2G PAYG(refer my previous post in this thread for a reference)...lol........it is worth noting that 2G has an unlimited data pack as well, whereas 3G does not have any.So why aren't 2G PAYG rates brought down in that case?

Just recharged with 450 plan. Thanks socrates.

How to activate 3G on a regular 2G SIM...Maharashtra Circle...I'm new to Voda..Just wanted to explore the speeds thats it...!!

I don't know what you mean by a 2G SIM! I guess 3G can be activated on any SIM card. Just activate the suitable pack. Like I use the Rs. 251 1GB pack, I just recharged with Rs. 251 and I started getting 3G network.

I had gt maximum speed of 9 mbps till now. I wish that remains constantly but 5 mbps is the regular speed I am getting. Undoubtedly ping is awesome .

I get like 11-12MBps in morning hours....Get humongous download speed at like 7/8 am...But decreases to 5-7MBps after those so called morning hours... 😕And yes..no doubt..ping kills it man..awesome pings..for a 3G connection..but on the other hand..Mumbai server is managed by Vodafone itself...who knows it might be using cloud.. 😕